• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Horrible audio issue, can't find fix...

Bobanook

Lurker
Aug 3, 2014
Hello. I've just recently purchased a samsung galaxy s4 and have run Into no issues except for a huge deal breaker. Any time I try to listen to any audio through headphones it horribly distorts the audio. I can't even hear the vocals to any of the songs I have on my device, only certain instruments in the song! It is not an issue with my audio files or my media player because I've tried many different media players and have even listened to the same song on YouTube and it's all the same thing. I'm sorry for not being able to describe it in more detail than I can't hear certain parts of my music, but that's the best I can describe it. I hope you can help me out, is this a fixable issue or a broken phone?

P.S. I've tried using the headphones that came with the device as well as my own pair and I still have the same issue.

Have you tried a few different sets of earphones/headphones?

If so, and you get the same result with all of them, it's almost certainly a hardware issue and you are unlikely to be able to do much more than return it to the vendor for repair.
Yep, same thing. I've only had it for for a couple of days so I'm going to go and exchange it for a fully working galaxy. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
Make sure they are fully inserted into the phone. I remember my S4 when i first got it had the same issue. To find out the audio jack was so tight at first that I thought I was going to break the phone trying to insert the headphones fully.

+1
At first I thought my headset jack was broken, but then I pushed the plug in harder and it "snicked" into place. Over time the connection became more normal in terms of required insertion force.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones