Horrible audio playback?

Last Updated:

1. JCruse

JCruse New Member This Topic's Starter

Is horrible audio playback just part of the 2.2 leak or is it just me? Kangerade, BB, and the stock 2.2 all have very tinny sounding audio quality regardless of the player used. Anyone else noticed this? Better yet, anyone have a fix?

Advertisement
  2. tonestert

tonestert Well-Known Member

Audio playback sounds the same to me using the Bluetooth in my car. I do get an occasional popping noise but got that on earlier versions too.

3. JCruse

JCruse New Member This Topic's Starter

Even plugged directly into my sound system, there is no bass or low range at all.

4. s4eric

s4eric Member

I was going to post a thread about this...I had bad audio with Pandora (even on high quality setting) and Slacker, but the stock music player was fine. This was with NexFro and BB. I switched back to NexBeast 1.1 and the audio is back to normal.

5. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

Weird. I just took a 600 mile road trip with vanilla 2.2 FRF57 and Pandora via BT in my car sounded just as good as ever. Pandora didn't even crash on me like it always had before while navigating :D.

6. Space Mountain

Space Mountain Active Member

I am having this same problem as well with Kangerade 1.1 Froyo Rom. I hope there's a fix for this because I use Pandora a lot, especially in my truck.

7. s4eric

s4eric Member

I have tried Kangerade 1.0 and 1.1 and still have the issue. I'm back to NexBeast 1.1 because I also use Pandora a lot. Hopefully it's just an FR57 issue, and some of the built from source Roms will fix it.

8. s4eric

s4eric Member

I tried BB V0.4 and had the same results with Pandora: tinny midrange/treble, lack of bass. It sounds fine with the stock music player.

I have wiped data and cache every time I switched ROMs.

I'd really like to get a 2.2 ROM up and running without this problem. Any suggestions for a fix?

9. Medic713

Medic713 Member

Bump for a FIX!!

10. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

I had this problem, then I decided that to move my car mount higher on the windshield. Well it has helped solve the problem. I chalked it up to the car engine.

11. althornin

althornin Active Member

12. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

For the record, I believe this specifically affects streaming via 3G to external speakers via aux input. Everyone on various threads saying their music sounds fine needs to confirm that they are OK with the bold setup above -- no bluetooth, no wifi, no local mp3s, etc.

While the music is tolerable, I agree that there is a lack of bass and a general tinny sound to the midrange, especially vocals when listening via the aux input on my car stereo.

13. althornin

althornin Active Member

Nope, has nothing to do with external speakers or anything else.
    For christs sake, i linked to the official bug report, please read it.
    Android 2.2 is INCAPABLE of properly decoding AAC+ - any music or sound application that uses files in this format will suffer this issue, no matter what.

14. randallman

randallman Active Member

*phew*... I was considering perhaps rubbing my tummy counterclockwise while I hop on one foot and kill 3 chickens to see if that helped :p

No seriously, I may consider actually learning how to hack on the base OS of the phone to fix this issue :) Its really a buzzkill...