• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Horrible battery life after FRF83

cr0wnest

Jun 7, 2010
Singapore
Ive noticed a significant decrease in battery life ever since i updated my phone to FRF83. I can leave it on at 100% now and it drains down to 50 - 60% the following morning! It usually drains no more than 10% if i leave it running overnight.

I dont have any apps running in the background, and my task killer is set to auto kill 3 mins after screen blankout. Auto refresh is, and has always been on since the day i got the phone though.

I manually updated to FRF85B and the battery life is still as bad as ever. Ive never gotten this problem with android 2.1 or any of the earlier froyo builds. Someone care to tell me whats wrong? Ive heard others reporting that their battery life has increased after updating to froyo, why am i getting the opposite?

Ive noticed a significant decrease in battery life ever since i updated my phone to FRF83. I can leave it on at 100% now and it drains down to 50 - 60% the following morning! It usually drains no more than 10% if i leave it running overnight.

I dont have any apps running in the background, and my task killer is set to auto kill 3 mins after screen blankout. Auto refresh is, and has always been on since the day i got the phone though.

I manually updated to FRF85B and the battery life is still as bad as ever. Ive never gotten this problem with android 2.1 or any of the earlier froyo builds. Someone care to tell me whats wrong? Ive heard others reporting that their battery life has increased after updating to froyo, why am i getting the opposite?

Are you using any non-stock app. launchers? i.e. BetterhomePro, or home++ or Helix? If you are, try uninstalling them and reverting to stock for a few days. They are a major culprit for battery consumption after an upgrade or a change of ROM.

Upvote 0
I use batterytime lite and launcherpro beta. The thing is ive already been getting this fast draining battery issue before i started using launcherpro, and launcherpro doesnt seem to affect it. As for batterytime lite, ive used it for ages and it does not drain my battery by that much. I only noticed this after updating my phone to FRF83. It may have already been happening before that but i just never noticed it until now.

I removed task manager and i THINK its slightly better, then again it could be me. Im gonna leave my phone running overnight again and test it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones