Horrible battery life after going to a froyo romSupport

Last Updated:

1. douknownam

douknownam Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else seeing worse battery life after going to froyo? I now get about 12 hours on limited use (a few texts and maybe a couple phone calls). Prior to the froyo rom (fresh 3.1.x), I was getting about 20+ hours on moderate use (also a fresh rom). I've made sure that google talk isn't running and the awake time isn't an issue. I currently have setcpu running without any profiles active and set it to conservative--no overclocking. :confused:

My current setup is fresh 3.1.2 rom with Kingxkernel #3.

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I've actually improved from 2.1 and while not running Fresh, am doing far better than you.

Did you make sure you did a full wipe before installing the new rom?

3. kmoon89

kmoon89 Well-Known Member

I've heard from a lot of people having battery issues with setCPU set to conservative. I haven't read too closely because my battery is fine, so I don't know exactly why that's happening to some, but I've set mine on performance anyway.

I am; however, running Baked Snack 1.5, so my selections wouldn't necessarily work with yours.

4. douknownam

douknownam Active Member This Topic's Starter

Nope, as the dev said it wasn't required and I was lazy. However, I don't thinking wiping will help--I could be wrong.

Dumb question, does having multiple launchers installed/configured drain battery? I switch between ADW Launcher and Sense every once in a while.

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

...wrong post, sry...