• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Horrible battery life after going to a froyo rom

douknownam

Jun 16, 2010
Anyone else seeing worse battery life after going to froyo? I now get about 12 hours on limited use (a few texts and maybe a couple phone calls). Prior to the froyo rom (fresh 3.1.x), I was getting about 20+ hours on moderate use (also a fresh rom). I've made sure that google talk isn't running and the awake time isn't an issue. I currently have setcpu running without any profiles active and set it to conservative--no overclocking. :thinking:

My current setup is fresh 3.1.2 rom with Kingxkernel #3.

I've heard from a lot of people having battery issues with setCPU set to conservative. I haven't read too closely because my battery is fine, so I don't know exactly why that's happening to some, but I've set mine on performance anyway.

I am; however, running Baked Snack 1.5, so my selections wouldn't necessarily work with yours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones