Horrible Battery Life on 9/18 nightly

Last Updated:

1. JD_from_da_80s

JD_from_da_80s Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My battery life is...well you read the title. I went from 100% to 78% in less than 30 minutes this morning. I'm on CM6, Collins battery tweak with the min, max configs at his suggestions. I checked my running apps, installed ATK to see if there was an misbehaving apps, nothing. I have to read up on how to use spear parts but under "battery history" most of the bars are in blue except the programs under "since last unplugged" & "since boot" (I just did both) so I guess that's good. My battery was excellent with the 9/11 nightly (my 1st flash) so I'm thinking of flashing back but nobody else has mentioned having this problem since flashing 9/18 so I'm thinking I did something wrong but can't pinpoint it. Yes I wiped before I flashed, reconfiged Collins. Everything is basically the same from the 9/11 flash to the 9/18 flash, meaning I didn't add any apps. Also my benchmark went from 4.8 to 1.45 (phone is still very fast though???) Any suggestions? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

First, I would wipe your battery stats
    Charge phone to 100%
    Boot into recovery and wipe battery stats
    Reboot phone
    Then let the phone completely die to 0%
    Plug phone into charger, and completely recharge phone (do NOT take off charger)
    Recharging should take 4-5 hours (FYI, green light comes at 90%, so when it comes on, give it another hour just to be safe to get to 100% charged)

You can also flash an uncapped kernel, that will help battery life

JD_from_da_80s likes this.
  3. JD_from_da_80s

Thanks, Andy but I did that Saturday night. To be honest though, I think the green light came on before it hit 100. I'll do it again now. I'm at 85%, will throw on GPS & wi-fi & do some browsing, should be dead in about 30 min lol.

I'll flash the kernel I have again. Should I do that before I wipe or after?

Edit: Just thought of something, with the 9/11 nightly, I had the overclock widget. Got rid of it when I flashed 9/18, got the Collins Tweak because

A) it was suggested
    2) who needs another widget.

I think after I recharge, I'll get rid of Collins & reinstall OC widget, see how that works out.

4. andygu3

Yep collin's and oc widget not recommended,
    Yes the green light comes on at 90%

5. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

wow to everything you just said!!!!! I too have been experiencing wack battery life since the 9/18 and 9/20 flash!! the best battery life i've had was with 9/11 nightly and i've been thinking about flashing back to it!! i've done all the things i normally did with 9/11 but it just isn't the same with the 9/11..seems as if 9/11 was perfect then everything just started going downhill!! my phone sometimes often freezes..something it didn't do with the 9/11 nightly..think i'm gonna flash back. i didn't do the collin battery tweak but i've done the other battery tweak numerous of times

6. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

What is the "other" battery tweak? Would you be able to post a link? Thanks.

7. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Look at partial wake usage under spare parts?

8. JD_from_da_80s

Yep, everything was blue or had no color but there were a lot of apps "open" I think. So I'm guessing there were no apps that were awake killing my battery. I just got home & my battery just died (all of a sudden it has great battery life lol) Since I already wiped flashed the kernal & rebooted I'll charge like Andy suggested (waking up in 5 hours anyway so perfect timing) then take it from there. If nothing changes, I'll try both the final build & 9/11.
    Thanks for the help, will keep y'all posted.

9. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

that's the battery tweak basically

i'm going back to 9/11

10. andygu3

11. andygu3

Now that you brought the battery life experience to my attention, I too have been having decreased battery life. I have not changed anything in my setup so my guess is there is something going on with the latest nightlies. I am now running the 921. Not as significant of a decrease as you but still a decrease in battery life. Just wiped the stats last night and I will report again another day. I guess one thing I do is I wipe the battery stats every once in a while so maybe it was time to wipe again:confused: