Horrible Battery Life...

Last Updated:

1. solidkevin

solidkevin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So yea Im trying different options to gain battery life but man oh man it dies quickly! The most dissapointing fact thought is that it dies in standby! why?? My hero would last long in standby as well as every other phone ive had! Note:This is my second day with it so I hope it gets better.

Advertisement
  2. FLT

FLT Well-Known Member

You've probably got some crappy apps installed.

Do a logcat to see what awakes the phone.

3. solidkevin

whats a logcat? How do I do it? And what do you mean by crappy apps? I assume resource heavy? Thanks.

4. FLT

FLT Well-Known Member

I had beautifulwidgets installed and had the refresh rate at 2hrs, so it should only do something every 2hrs. But in the logcat I saw that it was doing "something" every MINUTE. So that's what I mean with crappy apps ;) (I think it was requesting my location from the OS every minute)

I'll write a little 'how to access the logcat' by tomorrow :)

5. cxm

cxm Active Member

I'm more than happy with mine - at the weekend I got up to 3 days without charge with light use - which means that even with very heavy use I never need to worry about it crapping out during the day.

6. bitxboi

bitxboi Well-Known Member

I get moreless 2 days of battery with medium use (some light surfing, texting, calls, facebook...) with 24/7 sync and gprs ON. That's more than good for me

7. solidkevin

I await your how-to then, and what are some of the "crappy apps"?

8. XAlpha

XAlpha New Member

I was good for a day or more pre-update on 2/2, but now my battery is dead by lunch (4-5 hours). I haven't installed any new apps, and the only difference I've noticed is an "E" in the notification bar. I don't have a data plan, and just use wifi, but it's constantly trying to use Edge, even though there's no plan...

9. DellyBelly

DellyBelly Well-Known Member

I hope it's tweaked in this coming update; i can't stand being able to actually watch the battery lose bars!

To the people going 3 days, that sounds flat out impossible with any use at all..lol; maybe i got a dud battery but I can go about 8 - 10 hours maybe if im actually using it. When it's sitting doing nothing i can get a couple days probably.

10. gibson6594

gibson6594 Well-Known Member

define horrible

11. Fatal Exception

Fatal Exception Well-Known Member

I can go 48 hours with moderate usage and a few hours of calls over that period. I sapped it today by doing lots of web browsing while stuck in traffic. I was getting dirty looks from some of the other cars.

12. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

mine would drain to 50% in about 4hrs just sitting there on standby, at most checking a couple emails... no calls... no wifi, no gps, no BT, shortest notification interval was 2hrs... had a bad unit, simple as that... returned...

so i can relate to the OP... reports of people like us that can't make it through a day with a full charge, with minimal use, and others making it 2 days with all the stuff turned on liek wifi and gps... just doesn't make any sense... way too big of a gap... something is definitely up with MANY Nexus One units.... look through the threads, battery life is a recurring woe...

13. solidkevin

I diabled GPS, left WIFI on and put my brightness really low, Im getting MUCH better battery life now, I honestly think it was the GPS.

14. ikon

ikon Well-Known Member

I get better battery life than I did on my G1 and iphone. Typically I unplug the phone at 7am and dont use it much at work cept to check/send some txts and I leave wifi off, gps is always on and bluetooth is on/paired for about 2 hours. Usually when I get home around 6:30pm I have around 70% battery left.

It also depends alot on what apps and widgets you use. I always have the news/weather widget, pure calendar, facebook widgets running. My battery life today seemed to be quite a bit better after the update also.

15. rori

rori Well-Known Member

Would like to know that too.
    There is a logcat app in the maket...is this something similar??

16. androidtx

androidtx Well-Known Member

The GPS will suck your battery life, especially if you allow apps to have location data on you, they will pull it constantly.