Horrible Battery?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. mystycs

mystycs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had my phone charged last night and it died before i woke up in the morning. Now i just finished my charge almost 1 hour and 20 minutes ago, and its already 90 percent. And i have nothing but gtalk running, and a fresh install. Is this possible its a battery problem?

Advertisement
  2. xdjpurekarmax

xdjpurekarmax New Member

i agree. my battery worked great for about 2 days now it dies at a very fast rate. I always have my brightness low. No services except g talk running. And its botj of my vibrants doing it.

3. brodie7838

brodie7838 Member

I too have terrible battery life on this phone. I've read a few threads about turning off live wallpapers, haptic feedback, 3G, etc, but in my mind this defeats the entire purpose of having such a nice phone, and I'm lucky if I can get 5 hours before it totally dies; not even enough to finish a workday.

I switched from an iPhone 3GS, and while it ran only on Edge, I had WiFi, Bluetooth, and screen up most of the way, watching movies, etc a good portion of the day and it held its own. Disappointing so far...

4. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

My battery lasts much, much longer than this. I'm constantly playing with it, so I'd consider my usage to be moderate to heavy. The phone was released 10 days ago, just go replace and hope for a better battery. You can exchange no questions asked.

5. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

Your phone droped 10 percent in 1 hour 20 mins? You mean in that entire 1 hr 20 mins you didn't use your phone at all? If it just droped sitting there then that might be bad, but if you used it within that time, then its probably normal.

Double check your wifi, bluetooth, etc. If you aren't using them have them off, Also double check your brightness settings in the main settings and in the web browser.

What phone did you own prior to this Vibrant?

6. junglizste

junglizste Member

7. Wata88

Wata88 Member

I play with my phone all day... and it gives me a great battery life.. It last all day using browser games apps calls messages im etc... you might want to calibrate it... if you let it die completely and then charge it up completely and then let it die completely again. supposely thats calibrating it.. i did that when i bought the phone and it has worked great for me.

8. rocketragz

rocketragz Well-Known Member

I had an issue with my battery. Wouldnt last but 6 hours. I took it to tmo store and had them replace the battery. now I get much better results. Lasted over 24 hours. For the people whose batteries dying over night while not in use, it's probably a settings issue.

9. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

There are 2 other threads on this topic please search before posting....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.