• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Horrible Horrible Battery Consumption??

shotgunfool

Dec 28, 2009
Has anyone experienced this drastic amount of battery use?

Im on Villain 5.4

and this is atcually awful

wtfupu.png

wtf2k.png

Have you tried wiping your battery statistics?

Let the battery discharge completely then boot into Recovery > Wipe > Wipe battery stats. Then reboot, and put it on charge until it's reached 100%

I'm using a 2.1 ROM, phone comes off charge about 07:30ish and by 19:30ish I've usually got about 50% remaining. Granted from 50% it then goes down rather quickly.

Upvote 0

Not sure if anyone else tried this and changed the settings to those stated.
I did, and I noticed I hadn't got any picture mails again. I tried sending one to myself but no joy. I reverted back to WCDMA preferred, and 6 pictures came through within minutes.
I'm on Orange, so I presume GSM auto (PRL) doesn't work with that.
Anyone else find that on Orange?

Upvote 0
Not sure if anyone else tried this and changed the settings to those stated.
I did, and I noticed I hadn't got any picture mails again. I tried sending one to myself but no joy. I reverted back to WCDMA preferred, and 6 pictures came through within minutes.
I'm on Orange, so I presume GSM auto (PRL) doesn't work with that.
Anyone else find that on Orange?

I've currently got my hero set to GSM auto (PRL) and can send/receive pic msgs. I'm on three. and have used mmszap.

MmsZap 2.0 - MMS settings changer for leaked Eris 2.1 based roms - HTCPedia.com forums

Upvote 0
From what I've deducted in my testing, changing the options in the phone info menu (*#*#INFO#*#*) will effect you as such...

WCDMA preferred - Will automatically switch between G/E/3G/H depending on the best signal and uses the most battery.

WCDMA Only - Locks you in HSDPA

GSM auto (PRL) - Will automatically switch you between G/E/3G/H based on the PRL list on your phone (thus using less battery than WCDMA preferred which is based on monitoring signals). For this to be affective, make sure your PRL list is up-to-date in Settings > About > System Update > Update PRLs. This might not work for all carriers, in which case you'll have to use WCDMA preferred if you want to switch between all 4.

GSM only - Locks you in G/E and uses the least battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones