Horrible HTC Customer Service Helpline & Service Centre

1. tmot

tmot New Member

Wrote this email to HTC today:

I purchased a HTC Tattoo in Nov 09 via Singtelshop online, only to receive a faulty unit (on/off button spoilt). I went down to your service centre at HarbourFront on Christmas Eve (Thu 24 Dec) at 4pm, which according to HTC website, said that it was open until 7pm (Mon-Thu). I found a notice pasted on the front door, saying that it was closed at 3pm due to annual stocktake. I called the helpline, only to be attended to a non-local who had trouble understanding English, and communicating likewise.

He arranged, after I insisted, to pick up my unit, saying that he would email to the courier or service centre to call to arrange.

On Mon 28 Dec, no one called. When I called back the helpline, the same person answered and said that they had not received his request, and sent it again.

They only called me back the next day (Tue 29 Dec), and picked up my unit, taking the mobile, battery and my already-existing screen protector (the helpline staff had said it would take 3-5 days to repair).

On Wed 6 Jan (6 days), no call, no phone. I called the helpline, they said they'd check with service centre. Service centre called, said they just received the phone. I told them about the screen protector, and the lady said she would ask the technician to either transfer it, or give me a new one.

When the phone arrived on Thu 7 Jan, there was no screen protector. I called helpline again, and they got the service centre to call me.

They delivered a new one yesterday on Mon 11 Jan, along with my old one (which the service centre staff they would do). Only to find they sent me the wrong size (both are wrong).

Advertisement
  2. Olivia.Love

Olivia.Love Member

Well, I wish I could utter something like this. I've had a run around tooo, not as bad as yours mind! I plan to avoid HTC and hope to God I have no problems with my Tattoo. Hope you get things sorted!
  3. tmot

tmot New Member

After sending this email to HTC, they finally called me today, to arrange to buy a new correct screen protector and arrange to send it to me by Mon. They also apologised for what happened.
  4. brandmarked

brandmarked Well-Known Member

I wonder if a lot of there service is outsourced to other companies - so it may be down to the particular region you are dealing with.

BTW, the service I have had in the UK has been great. The first query I had with HTC when I had a problem was almost instanteous resolution.

- Mark