Horrible keyboar lag in the stock MESSAGES app... solution?

1. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member

No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of the terrible keyboard lag in the Messages app. It's almost unusable! I can barely even text. I've tried everything... messing with the keyboard settings, etc, and nothing gets rid of the lag. Does ANYONE have a solution?

If not, does ANYONE know of a good keyboard replacement for the Hero that also has good autocorrect? HELP PLEASE!

Advertisement
  2. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Go sign up for the Swype Beta and try that. It's what I prefer to run. Lag is a non issue with it, and the auto-correct works just fine.
  3. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

It is not in the market anymore !!!
  4. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

smart keyboard pro is the best I've seen to date.
  5. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

nothing helps ... there will always be keyboard lag!
  6. KitsapAndroid

No, it's not. All you have to do though is go to the Swype website and sign up for the beta. Then they will send it to you.
  7. bhaktasa

bhaktasa Active Member

Try using Swiftkey Beta... make sure you download the ENGLISH module, or whatever language you need. And allow the keyboard to learn how you type by scanning your old text messages.

Works pretty good for me.
  8. WUESTSIDER

WUESTSIDER Well-Known Member

I personally think the two best keyboard apps are smart keyboard pro and swiftkey Beta. However, swiftkey beta is ugly. It has a basic keyboard layout nothing spectacular about it. However, it is the best when it comes to prediction typing.
  9. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member

This is my first text using swiftkey think i'm going to like it.
  10. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member

ive tried swiftkey beta, and it is just as slow in the Messages app... maybe even slower
  11. KitsapAndroid

I got to many FC's with Swiftkey. I was liking it except for the constant crashing. I went back to Swype and no FC's, so for now I am sticking with Swype.