horrible lagSupport

Last Updated:

1. bdal1

bdal1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I returned my first droid because voice calls were real staticy. Now my second one is really laggy, on scrolling and typing especially.
    Not to mention my bottom buttons are purpulish in the middle and white on the ends. Anyone else having these issues.

Looks like I'm going back to verizon!

Advertisement
  2. d1pham

d1pham Well-Known Member

I'm on my second unit and I'm experiencing the same problem. I'm going back to the store as well tomorrow.

3. aaron5610

aaron5610 Well-Known Member

Don't know about your buttons, maybe you need a replacement. On the software side you may try a factory rest (make sure your sync is up and running) its really painless, other than having to redo the homescreen everything else comes back. Also watch out for poorly wrote apps they can really slow and mess things up. Factory rests will usually fix small software hickups. The dec 11 update can't come soon enough for the droid. I'm happy with mine no problems here, still on number 1, but I know many are not. Keep in mind its the first phone to run a brand new os on all new hardware so some bugs are to be expected. I am happy they are working on a to update to fix it, that's more than you can say for most new phones in the first month of release..

4. bdal1

bdal1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I went to verizon yesterday and they said that the ota update should fix the lag. They also say that the purple buttons are deliberately there (don't know if I can believe him on that one, but I have read on another thread people having the same button issue)

Just an update on the lag issue. It only seems to be happening on web pages that require typing. When I type in an email there is no lag whatsoever. Strange.

5. d1pham

d1pham Well-Known Member

I'm only getting the keyboard lag on this forum......:mad:

6. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Sometimes it's software downloaded.... so if you exchange your phone, your apps are saved. Check many threads here about that ;)

Some sites require a lot of cpu time.... ever since the ad at the bottom, on my laptop, I can hear the cpu fan spin and spin and spin, usually indicating high cpu usage.

Those are just a few thoughts. My keyboard is super fast, faster than some other "linux/bsd" based phones out there :)