Horrid battery, should I exchange it?Support

Last Updated:

1. Aqua Teen Carl

Aqua Teen Carl New Member This Topic's Starter

I apologize ahead of time for creating another battery thread but I need some info on this.

My Droid X is fully charged in the morning and I remove it from the charger at 7 AM and by noon it's at 30%. That's just from laying on my desk and maybe answering 3 or 4 texts. I've done all of the suggested things like uninstalling APK, putting my display down to 1%, no live wallpapers, shutting off GPS/Wifi, eliminating widgets from updating, letting social apps sync over wifi, etc.

I exchanged my first battery (I thought it was faulty) and this new one is doing the EXACT same thing. I was thinking that I should exchange my phone for a new one (I got it at Walmart) but will this even help? Has anyone else exchanged a phone due to a faulty battery and got a better performing one in return?

Advertisement
  2. Aqua Teen Carl

Aqua Teen Carl New Member This Topic's Starter

Any ideas for this?

3. kheovnien

kheovnien Well-Known Member

my battery life was really bad too. 1 hour of usage and i was at 20% battery life. i just exchanged it for a new battery and now it's rock solid. maybe u got 2 bad batteries? also, did u check what is using up ur battery? might want to try a factory reset in case u have something running that u don't know about (but only as a LAST resort).

4. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

It is most likely and app that is keeping the phone awake. Download spare parts and see what is causing to keep your phone awake (if anything)