HORROR story about DROID X - Part II

Last Updated:

1. Xman007

Xman007 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So finally I got the dealer to exchange the droid X that was having so much trouble.

Now the new one has it's own problems too. The voice command doesn't work well, it freezes. Search with voice on google, does NOT work. It can't type messsages with voice, like the one before did. Also, it has big 1/4" blue spot in the screen, like bad pixels.... So now what. My 30 days are up in the morning, since I signed the original contract on July 15th.

Please Advise....

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Devz

Devz Well-Known Member

Take it back and tell them it is defective.

3. jp3_99

jp3_99 Active Member

Yeah, standard warranty should still apply for those issues.

4. mas90guru

mas90guru Well-Known Member

I've swapped phones (5 or 6) when they've been defective. Calling Verizon directly is MUCH easier. I totally gave up on walking into any store and attempting a swap. Usually it took me about 15 minutes on the phone and a replacement was on the way.

5. Trimble1

Trimble1 Member

Don't give up on the X, it's a great phone.

6. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

+1. Seems to me like they rushed production on these guys so QC isn't really where it should be. Alot of bad units are getting out of the factory. Keep trying. Once you get a good one, there isn't a better phone out there.

7. wharpig

wharpig Well-Known Member

well I would say a recovery may fix the voice issue, but if it has dead pixels take it back, they should send you out another one....and even though you are in your 30 days they send out a refurb phone...My orig droid broke within 2 weeks and they wouldnt give me a new one just a refurb....I had a couple refurb with that phone within 3 months...now that I have the X I havent had any issues. I love my X

8. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I'm past my 30 day wfg. Hadn't had a problem with it, thankfully. Good luck with your X. One thing about VZW is that they have super customer service. You should be fine with it. Also, I would ask them to extend your worry free guarantee, to give you more time with a phone that works right. If not, I'd just give it back, totally. You have to make sure the fone's right for you.

9. deekum1627

deekum1627 Well-Known Member

just go back and tell them the issues they will take care of you im sure.

10. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

Its odd you'd get two that do the same weird crap. DO you have a task killer installed?

11. Xman007

Xman007 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I realize now my mistake. I bought it from an "Authorized Dealer" from Newpark Mall, CA. VZW can't, or don't want to help me cuz they say I didn't buy it "Directly from them / Corporate Store". According to their interpetetion "Authorized Dealer" is a "3rd party vendor." And Diamond Wireless is the name of my dealer - who sell nothing but Verizon products/service.

The manager at Diamond Wireless now says, it's past 30 days now (since yesterday), and he can't give me another NEW phone. My choice is either I take back the old one I originally had (it's fixed, so he says). Or get a refurb from VZW - under 1 yr warranty. Either way, I'm screwed. I don't want a refurb - why should I - I paid over $300 for the phone...NEW PHONE! Or I can get back my old phone, hoping it won't have the problems it did :(

P.S: The manager originally promised me a NEW phone - whenever it came in, even after 30 days, since they didn't have in stock. Now he's acting rather rude, and argumentative. He blames me for everything :rolleyes:, I might try and find their District Manager's number and call him. Hopefully, he'd be better.:eek:

12. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Well-Known Member

let him know you are posting feedback about this issue on the forum and i can pretty much guarantee he will take care of you, these forums are extremely important to both promoting good business and alerting others about bad business and i am sure no company big or small wants negative feedback.

Foxgguy2001 likes this.
  13. bigdaddy0389

bigdaddy0389 Member

Call up Verizon Wireless and ask to speak with a supervisor. Don't get off the phone till you speak with a supervisor. When you get a supervisor tell them what happened then tell them you contacted your state's attorney generals office and the Office of Consumer affairs. Say they both stated since you bought the phone from an Authorized Verizon wireless vendor that Verizon is ultimately responsible for your phone.

Tell them that you were informed by both agencies that when Verizon made the store you purchased the phone from an authorized Verizon vendor, Verizon was giving that store permission to act on Verizon's behalf. When the store sold you the phone they were acting as an agent of Verizon wireless and as a result Verizon is responsible for giving you a new phone or giving a full refund for the defective phone.

Finally, tell the supervisor that both agencies told you if Verizon refused to give you a new phone or a refund they would conduct an investigation for unlawful business practices.

I have done that several different companies including Dish Network and DirecTV. Both time I got the results I wanted. I have no idea whether any of the above information is correct, but it usually works. BTW you could always call both those agencies and ask for advice. Every state has them.

Good luck !

14. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

very little of that is actually true, and verizon knows that. they are very good at training their employees on the policies when it comes to third party vendors.

that said, the certified like new phones are often a better bet than new phones (especially phones with QC issues).

any time a customer buys a phone and returns it within the 30 days, that electronic serial number (esn) can never be sold as new again. so, they send it back to the manufacturer, and they usually just use the board and chipset, and replace everything else. at that point, the phone is flashed with fresh software. then, they do a 100 point inspection on every single one. you will not notice a difference between a "CLNR" and a new phone. as a matter of fact, there is less chance of there being something wrong with it.

however, you should try a factory data reset first. that will probably fix the issue you are having.