Hot IncredibleSupport

Last Updated:

1. nathanb7

nathanb7 Active Member This Topic's Starter

My incredible has been getting extremely hot especially during internet browsing and game playing. This starts happening after five minutes of use. Is anyone else experiencing this? Do I have a defective incredible? I love this phone and want to know just in case I need to return this one for another one.

Advertisement
  2. Tony N.

Tony N. Well-Known Member

How hot is extremely hot? As long as your temperature does not exceed say 55C (My phone has never gone over 55C) I say you are ok. But this may vary, you could be in a hell hole with no AC and you may expect the temp to rise.

3. nathanb7

what is the best app/widget to monitor temp?

4. mhtrang

mhtrang Well-Known Member

I use the Spare Parts app to check out my battery information, and it gives a temperature there. I recommend that app, just cuz it'll give you lots of information regarding battery usage as well.

Right now my temperature is at 39.8C, and it's been charging. I will use it and then update this post when I feel that it gets hotter.

UPDATE
    After playing games on it for about 20 minutes with 3G turned on, the temperature came up to 44.3C. That isn't all that bad, considering that it's a mini computer inside without any fans. My computer is running at 34.6C right now at just web browsing, for some kind of comparison.

5. nathanb7

Just installed spare parts....my temp is 42.7 C. That's sounds high to me. I'll check it periodically hopefully it goes down. The app is awesome by the way.

6. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Get this battery widget. You can have it on your home screen showing Time remaining, % left, and temperature, if you really want to see how it is fluctuating.