• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hot phone and battery drain

Hi All,

Some thing odd is happening with my HTC Desire.

It has happened twice and both at the same location, a local driving range. I am there to have a meal.

I will suddenly notice that my phone has got hot whilst in my pocket, as though I have been using it extensively. When I take the phone out I can not see any application running but the battery has nearly drained itself.

Any ideas as what could be causing this?

Firstly don't use a task killer, check these forums as there is much discussion on this.

As for the issue you experienced I did see the same problem once. When I was travelling to the airport for my holiday I too noticed my phone was warm and when I checked the battery had dropped quite sharply. I assume it was because it was struggling to get a data connection and turned off the always on data setting. When I got home I turned it back on and have not seen the problem since.

If my assumption was correct it may be because the area giving you issues is a poor data area, trying turning of the always on data setting whilst there and see if things improve

Reactions: adders21
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones