• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
It's pretty standard for rechargeable batteries to get warm when they discharge for a long period. When I used my old Blackberry for GPS navigation, it would get ridiculously warm.

For what it's worth, I downloaded the BatteryLife app/widget, which can be set to display the temperature of the battery. My battery usually sits around 80*, but with heavy use, I have seen it get up to around 105*.

Reactions: rich.sandy
Upvote 0
Update one hot phone, I found out from my Carrier that they still had me on my old data package, for my blackberry, they changed it to the Mesmerize and now everything seems to be better. They told me that it could be what was causing the extreme battery use ,but could be my imagination, what do you think?

Upvote 0
I'm no expert, but that doesn't sound like it could be even remotely true. Data is data, and if your phone was receiving it, it was compatible with your phone. The difference between the Blackberry plan and the Android plan is nothing more than billing info for USCC and maybe a little bit of added security on the BB plan.

Not quite true. Blackberry data plans are a completely different setup, at every wireless company. RIM controls their own data connections thru each carrier, it all goes thru their servers. If USCC doesn't swap you over to the regular data plan, it keeps trying to send data to a blackberry device. The Mez won't have the software to decode it, so it won't ever "see" the data, even if it can "see" the connection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones