• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I just bought the Captivate a couple of days ago and so far I've been pretty damn pleased with it, however there are a couple of things that I wanted to check were normal or not as they seem a bit odd.

I know about the GPS issue (oddly mine worked fine to 10 meters before suddenly today not being able to find me) and the upcoming Samsung update/rollout (fingers crossed!)

The batter seems to go very quickly to me even with updates turned off etc and I can't see this 12.5 days of standby time it seems to state being anywhere close to true, though I also read about the 3 battery cycles making it better.

My main concern is when I make a phonecall, after about 5-6 minutes the 'earpiece' for lack of a better word, or just the top of the screen gets 'very' hot, I'm talking having to lift my ear away a bit and sweating on the side of my face, I kid you not there was condensation on the screen, is this close to normal or have I got some faulty hardware.

Also twice in the last few days it's gotten stuck in a restarting loop, constantly powering off and then on and then off (going through the annoying loadup whoosh sound in a library).

Anyone else had any of these issues that I've missed on the forum or should I just take it back and ask for a new one.

I have noticed no difference in battery life with or without a live wallpaper. Infact with one now I have had used my phone a medium amount today on top of having a droid x eye live wallpaper (find it in market, it's awesome!), and after 15 hours of being out of the charger it's only at 44% battery. This is with a new captivate I got yesterday after exchanging my first one. Guess I got a battery that didn't need any breaking in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones