1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Hot Smartphones On The Market With Straighttalk

1. DoctorEyeSight

DoctorEyeSight Well-Known Member

Hello,

What are some hot android smartphones out in the market to purchase from ebay or Craigslist and hook up on Straighttalk with no contract?

A friend of mine is interested and likes to have speed, fast browsing features, fast live webcam, and quality pictures at priority.

What is your guy's opinion?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. shiv81

shiv81 Well-Known Member

What is your budget? If there is none, then the Samsung Galaxy S III is one of the best on the market right now.
  3. DoctorEyeSight

Hello,

My friend is the one looking for a phone. Their budget is $200. I love the Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Jelly Bean and yes the s3 is amazing but out of their budget.

I wish I can unlock my Verizon 4GLTE Samsung Galaxy Nexus onto straighttalk and sell it to them. However, the sim cards will not work, since straighttalk is gsm.
  4. shiv81

shiv81 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately you can't get super high end with $200, but I would take a look at phones such as the Inspire, Sensation, or Vibrant. They're pretty close to $200. The Galaxy Nexus is a great phone, but it will run you to about $400 with the taxes and shipping fees which is double your budget.
  5. DoctorEyeSight

Hi,

Those phones are too old. It's best to just keep checking online for a used GNexus or HTC One x. Google is selling the Nexus for $349.
  6. xTye

xTye Well-Known Member

Don't complain that they're "too old". A $200 budget is going to get an older device anyway.
  7. shiv81

shiv81 Well-Known Member

What xTye said is right $200 isn't much. The Galaxy Nexus is sold for $349 plus tax and shipping which brings it to about $400.
  8. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

your friend is gonna have to settle for lukewarm phone or even a cold phone.

tell your friend to check ebay or craiglist to see if they can get a decent enough phone used.
  9. sounreal

sounreal Well-Known Member

You can get a Atrix 2 on ebay for less then $200.