1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

hotmail app

Last Updated:

1. rajanm1

rajanm1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is there a better mail app available because when i update the email on my phone then look at my email on the PC and delete a few when i go to look at it again on my phone those emails are still there :mad: is it just hotmail or is there a better app?
    thanks

Advertisement
  2. scrubs

scrubs Well-Known Member

I think in the preferences (hit menu from your inbox), you can select to "delete messages fromt the server" on delete.

3. rajanm1

rajanm1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yep, i've done that but when i delete mail on my PC it is still there on my htc desire :s

4. bmo21

bmo21 Active Member

I too have the same problem, everything works perfectly except when I delete from my inbox online it remains in my inbox on the phone. Not a big deal except I have to delete things twice (or just once from my phone). Would defiantly be interested in a solution if there is one.

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

thats how pop mail works. if you are pulling mail to a device, you should use that device as your main email source. select "delete messages from server" and always read your mail on the phone. when you check mail on your pc, and delete it, it will still be on your phone. thats why you should use the phone first.

6. j4sonb

j4sonb New Member

I had this problem and had to log into my hotmail to delete my emails twice. But have just solved the issue. Too many emails on the server. If you clear your hotmail inbox this function will then work! I'm not sure if this is likewise with yahoo email or other accounts but this is hotmail solved.