Hotmail in the email appSupport

Last Updated:

1. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got it set up and working fine, but the damn thing keeps telling me I have 7 mails unread no matter how many times I mark them read... don't suppose anyone has a suggestion?

Advertisement
  2. gibson6594

gibson6594 Well-Known Member

are you talking about the notification tray?

3. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

dont use hotmail, but is there an 'all mail' area like in gmail? go in there and mark everything read and refresh

4. Rusty

Sure am. Mark them as read, it clears, next check they're back.
    Yes there's a combined inbox if you dig in the settings, but it's all read in there.

5. xoutlaw

xoutlaw Member

yes i get that issue too. also if i delete the mail, it just brings back the next 10 or so

6. gibson6594

Let me just say that the notifications on this phone need some bug fixing and leave it at that.

7. Rusty

It's not a problem with the notification tray (in my case) the email app is reporting them as unread.

8. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

it's a common problem, but it's because it's a POP based system (Hotmail is)....

I find the Nexus a pretty good job of "syncing" the emails, despite Hotmail being POP access. Usually, you'd have to manage both the handset emails and the server side emails separately. Like deleting on the handset, would NOT delete on the server and vice versa (once d/l'ed to the handset). At least there is some semblance of syncing... so I'm not complaining... Seems like it's only the emails that get trimmed off the bottom of the list, and then reappear if you delete the incoming emails that bounched those others off the bottom of the list in the first place... annoying, but liveable considering the traditional way of managing a POP account...

But at the end of the day, WTF doesn't Hotmail go IMAP??? I really don't know....

9. gibson6594

Not the tray, notifications.

10. Rusty

Ah got ya

11. ItWasn'tMe

ItWasn'tMe Member

I have the same issues with my Yahoo Mail- it's constantly telling me that I have unread mail when I have either marked them all read or deleted them. I've removed any other Email/Messaging app and only use the stock Email and it's still doing it...Starting to annoy the hell outta me!

12. Rusty

It's not a huge worry as Hotmail's lack of IMAP support (really, in 2010 FFS) means I can only get the inbox showing in the email app and not all my folders, so I've canned it and gone back to the more useful webmail.