• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hotmail issues

I-desire

Aug 7, 2010
Right i just had my account hacked, so had to change my password asap. Now i cannot log in on my desire and have no idea how to log out and log back in with the new password. Any ideas!?

Anyway of 9improving the security? I've had my hotmail account for ages and am slightley worried it washacked due to it being always logged in on my phone!? Any thoughts on that

I had my hotmail account hacked recently and so have thousands of others. It's not your fault. It's microsoft's. They have a security flaw somewhere in hotmail. I had a very complex password and mine was still hacked. I'm almost certain that it was hacked and not somebody getting hold of my password. If you do a bit of googling you find out about it.

Re mail sync you'll have to re-enter your info. Mail>Menu>settings>account settings>and so on...

Upvote 0
Thanks m8. So you don't think my password was found out? That's a relief as it's used for other accounts. It just wouldn't let me enter my hotmail with the old password and i was afraid my facebook and so on would be messed about since you can get your password sent to your hotmail if you forget the password. I've changed that one aswell to be on the safe side.

Upvote 0
Well all i got was my hotmail password (which i'm 100% sure i was punching in correcctly) coming up as being wrong! I tried it on multiple pc's aswell. Could just have been a fault with hotmail but i decided i'd rather be safe than sorry as it'slinked with pretty much every account i have

Upvote 0
Just curious as to how you know your account got hacked? I am a new Desire user and I've pretty much logged into every password protected account and website there is and would like to know what to look out for :D

Mine was hacked but my password wasn't changed. Instead the spammer sent out emails to all my contacts and then deleted all my contacts and emails for the last few months. Fortunately microsoft got them back from the server.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones