• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hotmail login webpage is blank on my Moment

macbravery

Lurker
Aug 4, 2010
This is annoying me no end!!! I used to be able to go to login.live.com and login to my Hotmail account. Ever since Hotmail did their upgrade over the weekend, when I try to navigate to that page, I get a blank white screen. I can navigate to other websites. I have also tried rebooting the phone, but that doesn't help and this has persisted for 4 days. I changed nothing on the phone, so it should still be working. I am using the default browser and 1.5 Android OS. I need my email to be mobile. Help!!!! -Mac

The webpage I am trying to access is https://login.live.com: Sign In I usually accessed this page from a bookmark, but that is not working. Then I tried to type in the URL. I got the same problem. I even tried to access this page through a Google link, same thing happens. It navigates to the page, but the screen stays blank white. I have not upgraded to 2.1 simply because it is not automatic and it would require me to either go into a Sprint store or spend a few hours making sure I do it correctly. FWIW, it was working fine up until 4 days ago, and I was still on v1.5. I don't connect Hotmail to the phone's email app because that requires an extra fee for Hotmail (maybe because it's a Google phone?.....or Microsoft is money hungry). Plus, I'm not all that wild about how that interface looks anyway. It's just as simple for me to use the web browser and a bookmark....until now!

Upvote 0
I had the same problem, but migrated to 2.1 last night. The process was very easy and only took 10-15 minutes to do, almost idiot proof.

The hardest part is to back up your apps / data. Use MyBackup and Astro File Manager to back up your apps & data.

Then do the update. You'll be so glad you did.

After the update to 2.1, I can see Hotmail again, everything is 3 times faster, and there are a whole lot of nice things in 2.1 that blows 1.5 away.

I'm using Launcher Pro with the 2.1, and it is amazing. I paid $2.99 to unlock the Launcher Pro widgets and it's worth every cent.

So bottom line is update to 2.1. You won't regret it.

Reactions: macbravery
Upvote 0
MyBackup is free for 30 days, the backups are fully functional, and Astro File Manager is free also (ad supported). They both have very clear instructions to back up your apps, MyBackup backs up all your data too. Only thing I did on top of that was forward important visual voicemail to my gmail account.

Launcher Pro is a home screen replacement that gives you up to 7 screens. It is fast and awesome.

PS - I use Android's email app for Hotmail too, but agree with you it sucks. It only syncs the inbox, not the junk folder or any other folders, plus it gives false alerts all the time for new emails. I wasn't able to get it working until a few days ago, when I started having the blank log-in page error. I figured out that the hotmail password can't contain any special characters (only numbers and letters), and was able to get the email app to work. But I much prefer the web interface because it's real access without any of the issues of the pop syncing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones