Hotmail not sending attachmentsSupport

Last Updated: 2012-08-20 00:17:41
  1. ReinerS10

ReinerS10 New Member

Hello,
    New Andriod user here. On a Samsung 2 GT-i9100.

After setting up all four different email (gmail, hotmail, etc.) accounts I tested them all for sending and receiving. All worked well. Then I tried sending an attachment (picture) via Hotmail (default). It never sent. I then deleted the email but could no longer send a regular email. I deleted the account and set it up again. Tested a regular email and it went through. Tried to send another attachment and it would go through. Deleted it and retested with no luck. I was connected via WiFi.

Hotmail was set up over Exchange and everything looks normal; folders, contacts etc. BTW, any way to sync Memo and Tasks?

Anybody know of any issues with sending attachments via Hotmail. Work around?

Thx!

Advertisement
  2. jaliy

jaliy Well-Known Member

my s2 is having hotmail problem also. some email would show a blank body with no text. i also have attachment not received problem. i posted this issue a few days ago nobody here knows the answer
  3. ReinerS10

ReinerS10 New Member

The only workaround that I've seen so far is a separate app for Hotmail, Hotmail+seven. It will sync Calendar and Contacts with your device but will not be seen by the Android Email app nor will you be able to use it as a default mail client. You can send attachments.

If anybody has a better solution please advise.

Thx!
  4. jaliy

jaliy Well-Known Member

try the imap setting