• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hotmail questions for droid

Justin4927

Lurker
Jun 23, 2010
I am new to droid with a couple hotmail question.

1. can I have the email app prompt me for my password?

2. Can I set up the pattern protection for specific apps, such as email, instead of the entire phone when it goes to sleep mode?

3. How do I view subfolders from my hotmail account on instead of just the inbox?

Thanks

Hi and welcome to Android Forums.

1) I don't think you can set the native email clients to ask for your password every time you open them. You could use the browser to check your email and just not save your password.

There are two places you could search for an answer to that (or post a new thread if you can't find the answer).

For third party email client solutions:
Android Applications - Android Forums

or

For phone specific answers:
Motorola Droid - Android Forums

2) As for the pattern lock...it is only for the whole phone...not for specific apps.

3) When you are in your gmail app: press Menu key > Labels (Mine says "Go to labels" but I'm rooted, running a Froyo 2.2 ROM so that may be slightly different).

This is the intro section so if you will find more information in other sections of the forums ;)

Again, welcome to AF!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones