Hotmail stops downloading...

Last Updated:

1. davey_b

davey_b Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Hero for a month or so and have it setup to recieve mail from my hotmail account. All works good but then every week or 2 it stops recieving email and I have to delete the account on the phone and add it again... not the end of the world but rather annoying..

Any thoughts?

Dave

Advertisement
  2. sarspants

sarspants Well-Known Member

Bump. I'm having the same problem.

3. ldn-j

ldn-j Well-Known Member

Ditto, I had seen that if you taskkill it that causes the problem. But I'm pretty sure I haven'tdone that but it still happens

4. astrobill

astrobill Well-Known Member

UPDATE: I was having a somewhat different -- but related --issue. I was trying to sych with TWO different hotmail accounts using the HTC-supplied Android mail app.

One of them was synching fine. The other stopped downloading e-mail into the inbox and kept reloading an old, expired message from when it worked initially. I was still able to compose and send mail from that second hotmail account, but the inbox would simply not download any new mail from hotmail.

I deleted and added the account several times. It appeared to be an issue with the mail cache on the phone...that account keeps loading only an old e-mail it downloaded when it first worked last week.

I then tried both linking and unlinking the two hotmail accounts in hotmail itself to see if that made any difference...it didn't.

I was FINALLY able to fix the issue by turning ON the mail app's option to delete e-mails from the hotmail IMAP server and then turn it back OFF. I have no idea why that reset the synch, but now it works fine.

Weird.

5. jason2md

jason2md Member

same problem -- kind of annoying, but not critical.