• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hotmail stops downloading...

davey_b

Nov 20, 2009
I've had my Hero for a month or so and have it setup to recieve mail from my hotmail account. All works good but then every week or 2 it stops recieving email and I have to delete the account on the phone and add it again... not the end of the world but rather annoying..

Any thoughts?

Dave

UPDATE: I was having a somewhat different -- but related --issue. I was trying to sych with TWO different hotmail accounts using the HTC-supplied Android mail app.

One of them was synching fine. The other stopped downloading e-mail into the inbox and kept reloading an old, expired message from when it worked initially. I was still able to compose and send mail from that second hotmail account, but the inbox would simply not download any new mail from hotmail.

I deleted and added the account several times. It appeared to be an issue with the mail cache on the phone...that account keeps loading only an old e-mail it downloaded when it first worked last week.

I then tried both linking and unlinking the two hotmail accounts in hotmail itself to see if that made any difference...it didn't.

I was FINALLY able to fix the issue by turning ON the mail app's option to delete e-mails from the hotmail IMAP server and then turn it back OFF. I have no idea why that reset the synch, but now it works fine.

Weird.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones