Hotspot feature idea

Last Updated:

1. alillowr

alillowr Active Member This Topic's Starter

I think that this 4g hotspot feature is fully customizable.

Now I remember a little project that a friend and I were doing back in the day with hotspots where we created this small linux box that was powered over ethrenet that would control a hotspot entry page. Much like what happens when you go to a starbucks or hotel, and either have to fill out a form or pay to use the connection.

If there is an option or way to add an entry page, all I can say is the possibilities would be endless. Especially from a Mobile perspective.

Some uses of such a feature that I can come up with on the top of my head are:

- Let the hotspot feature pay for itself. (hang out at a place that doesnt currently offer a connection and offer the connection to others for a small fee or even under pricing a place that does offer a connection).

- You could essentially be a walking advertising page selling a product, service or just someone trying to put some information out there. I'm sure I am not the only one who have heard of someone leaching off of there neighbor at an apartment building for internet.

I am tired and thats all I can think of right now.

I hope that there is someway to add that feature for the hotspot connections. It would make people think about new ways to use it.

Let the ideas roll

Advertisement