hotspot in my Samsung Galaxy prevailSupport

Last Updated: 2012-04-02 01:29:02
  1. anamalito

anamalito New Member

How can I create a wireless hotspot in my Samsung Galaxy prevail phone by Boost-mobile

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

It may have been disabled by your carrier as some of them don't allow it. What do the T&C's in your contract say about tethering?
  3. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

4. Barmenoff01

Barmenoff01 New Member

I have an galaxy prevail and I can promise you all that you can tether to your of by downloading pdanet in the android market and obviously it also works as a wifi hotspot as I am posting this from my iPod which is connected to my android wifi while I'm watching YouTube videos on my laptop which is also connected to my droid wifi. I mean 55 dollars a month. Only drawback it runs the battery down quick keep charger close and enjOy boosts great capabilities
  5. wyelkins

wyelkins Well-Known Member

It is a Blessing for those off us on a Budget. Watch the temperature on your phone, especially if you have it on the charger while running wifi hotspot. You can have it display in F or C

If it gets too hot it will reboot. I try to keep it well below 100 F. But heat is not good for it and could cause damage.

Here in Dixie, it is really only a problem in the hottest most humid months. Especially, if you are cheap with using the A/C.
  6. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Well-Known Member

I have the wireless tethering app included in my new Rom. :D
  7. wyelkins

8. The~Skater~187

9. wyelkins

How did you get it to work as a system app?
  10. The~Skater~187

Had to extract the library file from the wifi tether apk and add it to the system/lib folder, then just put the apk in the system/app folder, and viola! :)
    wyelkins likes this.
  11. wetbiker7

I got it from this site , Wyelkins . They look the same but are different links . Same download though , I think . lol
    Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Under Change Device Profile , I selected Samsung Galaxy Indulge .
    Under Change Setup Method , I selected Softap for Samsung (master).
    They have fixed the bugs that were in the last app . I no longer need to reboot after using the TRUE WiFi HotSpot . AdHoc still works the way It always has , perfect !
  12. The~Skater~187

Thats the one I included in my Rom, beta 11
  13. wetbiker7

Works like a charm doesn't it . :D I'm glad that they finally fixed the bugs .
  14. The~Skater~187

Me too.
  15. DarkJedi

DarkJedi Well-Known Member

I'm on Beta 6 because the later ones were causing problems getting WiFi running again. Are you saying Beta 11 finally lets WiFi work after you stop sharing?
  16. The~Skater~187

I havent had any issues
  17. wyelkins

I check that site all the time, so I have been on V3.1 Beta 11 for a while, I.just could not get it to run as a system app.
  18. wyelkins

thanks biker. I like that site better since it shows the whole history
  19. DarkJedi

Went ahead and upgraded from beta 6 to beta 11.

Problem is not fixed. When I turn off hotspot, the phone will not reconnect to my WiFi router... in fact WiFi refuses to turn on at all. I have to reboot and then turn the phone's WiFi on.
  20. The~Skater~187

I just double checked and it is beta 6 I included in my rom. Sorry, darkjedi, thought I had the updated version.
  21. DarkJedi

Looking for the "choke from a distance via the Force" button... :eek:
    Lordvincent 90 and wyelkins like this.
  22. The~Skater~187

Lol
  23. wyelkins

You really ARE wearing that Helmut mask now aren't you...

Just kidding dude, so am I. Lol.
  24. wetbiker7

LOL !! Good 1 .
  25. Zswizzy

Zswizzy New Member

Im a Prevail User
    Download an app called: "Wireless Tether for Root Users"
    Works great