hotspot in my Samsung Galaxy prevailSupport

1. anamalito

anamalito New Member

How can I create a wireless hotspot in my Samsung Galaxy prevail phone by Boost-mobile

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

It may have been disabled by your carrier as some of them don't allow it. What do the T&C's in your contract say about tethering?
  3. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member

4. Barmenoff01

Barmenoff01 New Member

I have an galaxy prevail and I can promise you all that you can tether to your of by downloading pdanet in the android market and obviously it also works as a wifi hotspot as I am posting this from my iPod which is connected to my android wifi while I'm watching YouTube videos on my laptop which is also connected to my droid wifi. I mean 55 dollars a month. Only drawback it runs the battery down quick keep charger close and enjOy boosts great capabilities
  5. wyelkins

wyelkins Well-Known Member

It is a Blessing for those off us on a Budget. Watch the temperature on your phone, especially if you have it on the charger while running wifi hotspot. You can have it display in F or C

If it gets too hot it will reboot. I try to keep it well below 100 F. But heat is not good for it and could cause damage.

Here in Dixie, it is really only a problem in the hottest most humid months. Especially, if you are cheap with using the A/C.
  6. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Well-Known Member

I have the wireless tethering app included in my new Rom. :D
  7. wyelkins

8. The~Skater~187

9. wyelkins

How did you get it to work as a system app?
  10. The~Skater~187

Had to extract the library file from the wifi tether apk and add it to the system/lib folder, then just put the apk in the system/app folder, and viola! :)
    wyelkins likes this.
  11. wetbiker7

I got it from this site , Wyelkins . They look the same but are different links . Same download though , I think . lol
    Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Under Change Device Profile , I selected Samsung Galaxy Indulge .
    Under Change Setup Method , I selected Softap for Samsung (master).
    They have fixed the bugs that were in the last app . I no longer need to reboot after using the TRUE WiFi HotSpot . AdHoc still works the way It always has , perfect !
  12. The~Skater~187

Thats the one I included in my Rom, beta 11
  13. wetbiker7

Works like a charm doesn't it . :D I'm glad that they finally fixed the bugs .
  14. The~Skater~187

Me too.
  15. DarkJedi

DarkJedi Well-Known Member

I'm on Beta 6 because the later ones were causing problems getting WiFi running again. Are you saying Beta 11 finally lets WiFi work after you stop sharing?
  16. The~Skater~187

I havent had any issues
  17. wyelkins

I check that site all the time, so I have been on V3.1 Beta 11 for a while, I.just could not get it to run as a system app.
  18. wyelkins

thanks biker. I like that site better since it shows the whole history
  19. DarkJedi

Went ahead and upgraded from beta 6 to beta 11.

Problem is not fixed. When I turn off hotspot, the phone will not reconnect to my WiFi router... in fact WiFi refuses to turn on at all. I have to reboot and then turn the phone's WiFi on.
  20. The~Skater~187

I just double checked and it is beta 6 I included in my rom. Sorry, darkjedi, thought I had the updated version.
  21. DarkJedi

Looking for the "choke from a distance via the Force" button... :eek:
    Lordvincent 90 and wyelkins like this.
  22. The~Skater~187

Lol
  23. wyelkins

You really ARE wearing that Helmut mask now aren't you...

Just kidding dude, so am I. Lol.
  24. wetbiker7

LOL !! Good 1 .
  25. Zswizzy

Zswizzy New Member

Im a Prevail User
    Download an app called: "Wireless Tether for Root Users"
    Works great