HotSpot Wont Work! EvoSupport

Last Updated:

1. ivann

ivann New Member This Topic's Starter

Heyy everyone. My hotspot keeps telling me there an error 67 and won't let me use it.. it saysays that my passcode or user name might be incorrect. HTC Evo.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Are you paying sprint for the hotspot? Thats usually the error you get when you dont pay for it. I would call sprint and maybe they can reset your account.

3. honeyBfly

honeyBfly Member

If you are rooted, you should be using an app called Wireless Tether. The link is here:

wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre8.apk - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users 2.0.5-pre8 *** EXPERIMENTAL *** - Project Hosting on Google Code

If not, you would have to call Sprint and pay $30 a month for that feature.

Now...if you want to root your phone and use the above mentioned app for free (thanks to the developers)...go to this link and follow these directions to the tee!! Both part I and part II are there.

How to Root the HTC EVO 4G with Froyo 2.2 [Video Walkthrough] | The Droid Demos

*These directions are peeps who have a stock 2.2 and want to downgrade to 2.1 and go through root process. If you are still on the 2.1, just start the tutorial when he says...you are now back on the android 2.1 or something like that. I would advise watching the videos through one time and then move forward.

Good Luck!!