General HotSpot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brinky, Nov 24, 2010.

1. brinky

brinky Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    VoIP Engineer
    38.897605896, -77.0365219116
    How long before I have to start paying to use my MyTouch 4g as a wireless HotSpot?

I thought the free bit was supposed to be up earlier this month, yet I still have the ability to use the MT4G as a hotspot for free.

Advertisement

2. vnguyen972

vnguyen972 Active Member

Nov 16, 2010
    That would suck but as far as I know, that feature is free as long as TMObile doesn't turn into AT Freaking T :)

3. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Forklift driver for Frito Lay
    Gilbert, Arizona
    They will charge you for using the hotspot depending on how much data you are using with it. I have used it several times to help out my buddies phones or to use my zune since the battery life on that is 10x better. I also dont keep it on. Once im done its done. Max 10 minutes at a time.

Keep an eye on your bill they are and im sure will charge for the use of it.

4. roadster91

roadster91 New Member

Nov 28, 2010
    from what i was told at the cell phone store where i got mt4g, he said that he was using it as a hotspot for over 8gbs of data over the air and wasnt charged for it. it slows down after 5gb is what i was told. he was using a G2

5. vnguyen972

vnguyen972 Active Member

Nov 16, 2010
    They'll charge you even if you have the unlimited data plan? that doesn't make sense... but again, I guess they could do whatever they want :)

6. Arcadia

Arcadia Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    I'm surprised that they haven't began charging yet. I thought they would have kicked the fees in shortly after the phones release. =D

7. vnguyen972

vnguyen972 Active Member

Nov 16, 2010
    It's the first time in 3 years that I used so much data, within the first couple weeks of owning mytouch 4g, I have used over 3GB. I believe it's mostly streaming music from Pandora plus some hotspot used :)

8. famished

famished Well-Known Member

Anyone having problems setting up a hotspot? I was trying to connect a friend's old Windows XP to it. It shows up on the network list but I can't connect to it. Does something on my account need to be enabled? Are there any specific settings? I tried unsecured, WEP, etc.

9. famished

Nevermind, got it to work as an unsecured connection. Anyone on any other settings?

10. famished

Is there a way to delete posts?