Last Updated:

1. polywood223

polywood223 Well-Known Member

I just tried my hotspot on a laptop can't connect to certain site but connects to specify carp like that any help

2. euphan1555

euphan1555 Well-Known Member

its a paid service for the $50 and $60 plan.just be happy it lets you connect to anything since you aint paying for it.
  3. polywood223

Actually I'm still on the 70
  4. Flablitz

Flablitz Well-Known Member

There is a thread already for this.
  5. euphan1555

dont think you understood what i can only get the hotspot paid service to open up all sites on the $50 and $60 plan.if you are on the unlimited plans you can not add the hotspot to your plan but for whatever reason you can still connect to a few sites.
  6. cjbandroid

cjbandroid Well-Known Member

Once you root the phone... (ahem)... you can use Barnacle to provide 4G services to your tablet, PC or local network. I've done that - as a test - with my Optimus-M (before it was stolen). Slow at 3G speeds, but with the Motion, it should rock if you get a good connection.

Barnacle is an easy to use program... once you're rooted.
  7. LGismyVISION

LGismyVISION Well-Known Member

Foxfi , Barnacle , Wifi Tether , PDAnet , All of these work great on any phone , of course allmost always 1 only will work , Bluetooth mode is better and stable for internet , but that is just a opinion but it is harder to set up for me (Running my freakin Windows 8 Consumer Preview , Never got Windows 8 Pro Yet , Or tested Windows 9 Exclusive Devoloper Edition)
    Windows 8 is hard to set up with bluetooth , anyways , try many programs with root AND you WILL find out , Go Fellow Motioner (Getting my motion today! , Hard to wait!)
  8. polywood223

The reason there is no plan for the unlimited is THAT YOU PAY FOR UNLIMITED.
  9. euphan1555

i know all of that and i use pdanet on this phone and every smartphone i had since the optimus v.

i was just trying to explain to the guy why he is only getting a few websites on the built in hotspot feature out of the box.
  10. polywood223

It did the same thing to someone I know on YouTube for the lightray
  11. ginmichaelvodk

ginmichaelvodk Active Member

See the other thread 'hotspot???' The problem is with user agent on the PC's browser. Easy fix.
  12. polywood223

Using the app can't find specific I'll try though
  13. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

Just like with the connect, Switch your UA and you're golden except you don't need a third party app this time around.

Worked for me.
    polywood223 likes this.
  14. zasvier89

zasvier89 Active Member

How can I switch the user agent on google chrome?
  15. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

Search ua switch for chrome on Google.
    zasvier89 likes this.
  16. zasvier89

zasvier89 Active Member

I got it to work! wow this is pretty fast for tethering works great im using PDA NET
  17. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

You should be able to tether using the native hotspot function of the phone but hey if it ain't broke don't fix it.

18. ChristTheSon

ChristTheSon Well-Known Member

I have been using Easy Tether Pro to tether with and it works like a charm. I didnt root my phone either so is that plus or minus lol?