• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Houston we have a problem!

Roman G.

No-Posting Probation
Feb 10, 2010
Oregon
I was trying to flash a theme I found from the XDA site and it did not work!
This is the one I was trying to install!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
icon1.gif
darkstar-theme for hero
here it is the darkstar-theme for the hero
i will be posting some screenshots in a bit
GODZON when you see this can you add it to the first page please

the original darkstar theme can be found here

please read before you download:
i take no credit for this theme all i did was make it work for the hero
this theme belongs to freekyfrogy
YOU NEED TO SWITCH TO HOME I INCLUDED THE HOME SWITCHER APP WITH THE THEME USE THAT TO SWITCH TO HOME

important:do not flash an icon set over this i will be posting an icon set for this theme the reason for not flashing an icon set over this is that the themed
clock and musicplayer widget will get replaced

HOW TO GET THE ANIMATIONS WORKING: to get the screen transition animations go to settings > sound and display > animation and check the box

download:http://www.4shared.com/file/21565750...tar-theme.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its kinda strange aswell, I have the nexus one boot screen and it's just stuck there. Although I can push the end button and it puts the phone to sleep still, and I can push the volume up and down and I get the vibrate and a beep!
I can still get to the boot screen so not worried, but before I install the backup want to make sure there was nothing I could do before that, so I don't lose everything I have done!
Thanks for the help!

Reactions: me2u69
did you have a custom ROM flashed before trying this? like Fresh...or Modaco? if so.. restore the backup... flash the custom ROM... then the theme then any custom Kernels like Gumbo...

The only reason I say this is because some people had problems flashing icons and task bars after applying Gumbo.. but if they reflashed the custom ROM (like Fresh) and then did the icons or taskbar...then did Gumbo it worked.. it may or may not work for you... but it's worth a shot...

Upvote 0
Actually, that is a port of the GSM theme to run on CDMA. The 4shared file works perfectly fine on our Heros. If you follow the link where it says "here" that is the GSM theme. I was using it for a while with no problems.

So this link if for CDMA Heros??? -

download:http://www.4shared.com/file/21565750...tar-theme.html

Do we need to run 1.6 or can we just flash over Fresh 1.1 using our 1.5?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones