How a Guy Like Me Became a Cheerleader

Last Updated:

1. TheNorthernForest

TheNorthernForest Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

You probably don't know that much about me, but what you will know is that I take pride in the sport that I participate in and that's Power Cheer leading. I've been in Power Cheerleading for a few years now and let me tell you - it was the best decision of my life. I first started off in football in my middle school days and burned out on it towards my eighth grade year. Once I attended High School a coach comes up to me and says, "Hey, you look pretty athletic. Interested in cheer leading?"

Of course, any guy would be thinking of pom poms and shouting at the football games and hooking up with football players. I said, "Haha, that's pretty interesting. What's it all about?" And he replied, "Come to the stadium after school."

So, I went and I was instantly intrigued by the dudes; so much muscle, so much power! Even the girls! They were getting thrown 20 feet in the air, doing flips, twists, etc. The coach came up to me and asked if I wanted to sign up. I surely did and accepted it. After two years on the team, I began to learn back handsprings, full twists, and a lot of tumbling moves.

Just last year, we went to CheerSport and won the Title. We've won 23 National Titles in a row, btw. :D

This was probably my favrite performance by the team, so enjoy! Thanks for reading, too!

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

This is amazing , Thank you so much for sharing this and keep it up! That was awesome :D

3. TheNorthernForest

Thanks, Carl!

Yeah, keeping up the good work is HARD work. We carry such good momentum on our backs, it would suck if we ever lost. :(

4. JamesHarrisburg

JamesHarrisburg New Member

the title of this post was so funny! are you really a cheerleader! :p

5. TheNorthernForest

No.

I'm a power cheer leader.:p

6. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I bet it must be nice to work with all those cheerleader girls!

7. TheNorthernForest

;)

It's a lie when they say foot ball players get first dibs on the cheer leaders.

8. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Anyone with a dBZ related avatar is ok by me!

9. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

My daughter is a competition cheerleader. I'm actually at her season starting pep rally right now....lol

She cheers for the east coast nitros. If you know the sport you know who they are. ;) her team in particular last year (mini level 1) went 8 for 8 last season...undefeated.