• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How a Sprint Phone is Born

Yep, we're the Old Premier Club. :D Lots of Photon owners, although I wonder how many GS2 Epic Touch owners are in the same boat.

LOL...True that, CC. I've never quite had the same dilemma before, as I'm having this year. When the EVO was about to release, I had no question in my mind...that was the phone I was getting, if I was making the change to non-physical qwerty. Last year, the early leaks of the EVO losing the kickstand and gaining 3D made me wonder if I'd actually give Samsung a shot or go with something else, but once the MoPho was announced formally, I knew that was the next one.

This year, things have changed completely. Samsung seemed to right the ship as far as reliability/support with the SGS 2 phones, so now I'm actually willing to give them a shot, but there's never been a year (since I've been on Sprint) where I actually sit there and say I could go with Samsung, HTC, or LG and actually waited until all the superphones dropped. Although I'm a 'bit harsh as far as cross-comparing with other providers offerings, I do accept the fact that Sprint has gotten better and to the point where I'm undecided on which phone I want.

Can't wait until November comes and all the superphones for the year are announced and available. Then I'll finally be able to take my final 1 year upgrade.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones