How about some kind wordsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. graphitedv

graphitedv Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have to chime in about my Eris experience. I have had my Eris for over one month and I absolutely love it, but it did take some getting used to. I researched the phone before buying it using this forum and I gotta say, I was nervous to get it after reading all the problems with it. I was extremely unhappy with the battery life as I was coming from a "dumbphone", but it seemed to last a full day with heavy use. After the OTA update, I don't think that the battery itself is better, but rather it is much better at metering the actual charge. I have installed various apps and by trial and error, removed the problem ones and it has improved to the point of only having to charge it every other day. I hear all the comparisons to the iPhone and I am an IT manager with several iPhone users... guess what, they have the same if not worse battery. Hell, my brand new MacBook Pro says that the battery life is estimated to be seven hours. I have yet to get 3.5 hours out of it... oh wait that is seven hours with the screen brightness turned all the way down, WiFi and BT off. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of what most people are using a laptop for? Now as for lag, I have only experiences lag with certain widgets. Remove them and the phone is as fast as it should be. I do believe in the task killers, because until it is rooted, the threshold for protected memory is too low and the phone will slow down with very low available memory. Forums are meant to be a place for people with problems to discuss them, but I want any future owners to know... this phone is awesome!

Advertisement
  2. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

as a fellow IT tech i say +1

3. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

I am also happy with my phone. I have no complaints other than trivial ones.

4. PiperCub49

PiperCub49 Well-Known Member

I agree! Wonderful phone!:) You can find a complaint in everything, but overall, this phone and system is great!

5. RMMahoney

RMMahoney Member

I left the iPhone for the Eris. I have no complaints, even the iPhone had bumps in the road when it first came out.

I think what I love most about the Eris is the ability to have multiple apps running, it has been such a time saver for me.

The only complaint I have isn't so much with the phone as it is with some off the apps and the android market. To them, I would say look at the iPhone app store and learn from it. See how to make a store user friendly.

iHeartRadio, go and purchase Wunder Radio and see what a radio app should look and function.