how add a picture of friends on contactsTips

Last Updated:

1. slash433

slash433 Member

hi everyone got myself a s3 and i love it the only thing i cant seem to do is put pictures of friends to their phone number when i set the picture as a contact my phone book just doesnt come up to allow me to assign their picture to their number, i know ill have missed something so simple that i am not doing right can anyone help?, ps i dont use face book i just want friends pictures assigned to their phone numbers thank you for your help in advance

2. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

In contacts, tap on a contact to open it up. Press Menu button. Tap on Edit.

Then the fields of the contact are editable, and where the generic head silhouette is, in the top left corner, it now has a + symbol on it, and you tap on it to edit it.
  3. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

Also, if they are GMail contacts, you can add photos from the GMail website.

GMail Contacts

Just double click on a contact and click "Add a picture" in the upper left area of the contact card.
    You can use a local file, and image from your Picasa album, or any image on the web.
  4. galaxy s3

galaxy s3 New Member

Had this same problem a few minutes ago.

Managed to solve it with the help of the above poster and trial and error.

To save pictures with the contact i believe you must save them to the Phone and NOT the Sim which mine originally were saved too.

You can then also leave lots more info about the contact.

Hope this helps
  5. charliehowes

charliehowes Well-Known Member

I was really disappointed with how bad the contacts pictures look when synced with facebook so I decided that I would save some of my contacts pictures off fb and then edit said contacts manually.
    I tried to save the pics whilst browsing facebook on my phone, which I couldn't, bit I did however stumble across the option to add any of my fb friends pics to the contacts in the phone book.
    Looks so much better than how it does it manually.
  6. Tommydaniel

Tommydaniel Well-Known Member

Friendcaster has a HQ contact photo option. Could give that a try.