How am I using data?Support

1. Katie824

Katie824 New Member

I recently got the droid and i love it except for the whole data business. It's stressing me out because I have already used 90 out of 150 mb and I don't know how! I have clicked on a few links, but it wouldnt use that much data! I'm not going on the Internet and just roaming, so I am not sure how I am racking up all this data. How can I lower my usage?

Advertisement
    :
  2. razorclose

razorclose Well-Known Member

If you have any widgets or maybe facebook or twitter account(s) syncing, that will be pinging and downloading data, eating up your allotment.
  3. Yeah, Email, Facebook, Twitter, weather apps. Browsing Facebook, though, shouldn't be more than 2 MB a day. Have you thought about using WiFi a bit more? I have unlimited so I use every last bit of data I can, but you may need to use WiFi at school, work, home, etc. and leave data for when you're out the house.
  4. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Well-Known Member

Have you been downloading and installing apps from the market?
  5. razorclose

razorclose Well-Known Member

I second Smacky, use wifi whenever possible, and if you use voice-to-text by chance, that will use data as well (albeit not much)

Nice to see you aren't on probation or banned again Smacky :p
  6. zxcv1bnm

zxcv1bnm New Member

Im getting a similar problem. Even if i have background data and auto sync switched off, my phone seems to be downloading every 30 seconds. I checked my running applications and there was nothing out of the ordinary either. As an example i downloaded an app (even though i never normally do) called smart monitor to check my data usage and it told me that i had downloaded 65.12mb just today!!! but the only things i ever do is check my notifications on facebook once or twice a day and occasionally check my youtube account (dont watch videos though). none of my applications are set to sync and i hardly ever download apps. any ideas what could be causing this??
  7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Better double check your settings - something is set to download data somewhere.
  8. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Well-Known Member

Email polling every five minutes?
  9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

That might be, but it should not because according to at least one of the posters in the thread, sync is disabled.