• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how and where to get Android applications

user007

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
I am new to Smartphone and I am new to Android phone as well. I bought an Android Smartphone from a local company in China when I travelled there one week ago. It model number is Thl W3 and the Android version is 4.0.4. Now I am trying to download some Android applications from Google Play Store but failed because there is no Google Play Store app (icon) pre-installed on this phone. I have sent an email to the manufacturer to ask about this.

But in the meantime I am trying to find alternative ways to get those good Android applications. I hope experts here can help me about this.

Can I find a package which includes that pre-installed Google Play Store app online somewhere and reinstall everything from scratch for my phone?

Can I find other Android application resources other than Google site?

thanks,

Missing/trouble accessing the Google Play Store app

If you’re missing the Google Play Store app on your device, or if you’re experiencing difficulty launching the Google Play Store app, please try the following:

Confirm that you’re using an Android device and that it appears on our list of supported Android devices.
Ensure that you have strong connectivity (either WiFi or a network connection), and contact your provider if you’re not connected.
Reboot your device (power completely off and back on), and try accessing the Google Play Store app again.
If your Android phone or tablet is not supported for use with Google Play, or if after rebooting you still don’t see the Google Play Store app, contact the carrier or manufacturer of your device - at this time, we do not offer a copy of the Google Play Store app for download.

Reactions: user007
Upvote 0
Try these steps.

Settings, then find the option to install from unknown sources. It could be under Apps or security.

then using a browser on the Android go to 4shared.com

search for Google Play

install the app. If you don't like 4share.com then just use google and search for google play apk

Thank you flyfoam.

I installed the Google Play apk. The Play Store icon is here now but it does nothing when I click it. The phone just blink few times. It seems trying to do something but no success with it. No any message, just stay where it was. What should happen when Play Store icon is clicked?

Upvote 0
Thank you flyfoam.

I installed the Google Play apk. The Play Store icon is here now but it does nothing when I click it. The phone just blink few times. It seems trying to do something but no success with it. No any message, just stay where it was. What should happen when Play Store icon is clicked?
I am not sure, I am new to Android. Are you still in China or somewhere else? It could be the country you are in that Google Play is blocked.

Upvote 0
Reactions: user007
Upvote 0
It has to be in the system partition of the tablet and you have to have Google Services framework installed to allow you to log in. I would suggest trying Amazon since you're new and it is easier to set up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000626391&ref_=amb_link_363093842_2

I need to get the Google map and skype so the Google Play Store is the best place for me.

Do you know if the kindle fire are the same as the Android smartphone in terms of Android OS? someone had instruction for Kindle Fire (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1482894).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones