• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How are fonts made for themes?

opes

May 5, 2010
I've seen other themes, and I like to make a set of fonts for my own phone. I'm having a hard time finding some, so i figured I'd learn how.

I'm looking for something like this, for example:

CAP201007132217.jpg

I know they can be pushed from adb to your /system/fonts directory.
Basically you find the font you like, have at least 2 of them named Droidsanserif.tff and droidserif.tff.
You push them from your pc via adb to /system/font dir
reboot.

They can sometimes be pulled out of themes, but I want to know how these theme builders are actually making them.

I doubt that they actually make all of them. There are 1000s of different fonts for download for free online. Probably just grab one of those, rename them to the correct droid name and be done with it. Check out this site: How to Create your own TrueType Font for Free ~ Chris Pirillo Maybe it will give you some ideas. Hope this helps...

PS. If you are rooted, there is an app called TypeFresh that will help you change your fonts already on your rom.

Reactions: kouklakis and opes
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones