How bad is screen in sunlight?

Last Updated:

1. fahadchaudhry

fahadchaudhry Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How bad is Desire's screen in sunlight? Read this problem at many places. What's the visibility level while you are out? Is it just that colors are not that crisp in sunlight or one can barely see anything?

Advertisement
  2. thesimplesimon

thesimplesimon Member

I actually find that it's not the screen itself that's the problem but the reflection on the shiny plastic front that makes it hard to see in direct sunlight. I don't find it too bad though. I just angle it away from the sun or go in some shade. So it's never bothered me too much.

3. wisewood

wisewood Active Member

All AMOLED displays suffer this problem. On a very bright day you're more likely to see your own face than the display... even with brightness cranked up to maximum. Its the AMOLED technology not this phone in particular.As mentioned above though, shade the screen a little and its not so bad... and it is only an issue in very very bright sunlight.

4. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

Also better if the screen is clean. Have found it's VERY easy to clean the Desire screen of fingerprints....a lot easer than other touchscreen phones I have had. But yes...the screen is pretty awful in sunlight. Lucky I am in the UK so it's only three days per year :)

5. wisewood

wisewood Active Member

Agreed re cleaning the screen. A quick rub on the arm of a shirt and its like brand new again. I'm guessing its got a similar coating to that added to the iPhone 3GS to prevent as much fingergrease build-up