How beat up is your Droid?

Last Updated:

1. skarface08

skarface08 Member This Topic's Starter

I just dropped my droid, and i have a few scratches on it. I was just wanting to see if you guys wanted to post picture of your droids misfortunes so ill feel better! :/:eek:

Advertisement
  2. Snowman

Snowman Well-Known Member

I don't have any pictures of it, but my Droid took a nice fall from my bed to my bed frame when I pulled back the covers one day. The edge of the screen is a little nicked but the actual screen is untouched. :D

3. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

Mine is golden sans the few minor screen scratches and a tiny chip in the metal bezel.

I carry it in my pocket with a screen protector

4. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

My droid is still flawless... I am very careful about not damaging my gear.

5. Vaporizer

Vaporizer Member

I dropped my Droid today. Going up a flight of stairs, it jumped out of my inside jacket pocket and hit the stairs ... then fell through a crack (about 4 ft) and hit the ground. I was like Noooooooooo ... and it all happened in slow mo. I jumped down and ran to my phone. A lil ding to the body but everything is good. AND it happened the night I decided to take my case off of it :rolleyes:

Think I can swap it out for a new one? Im still within my 30 days.

6. wolftickets

wolftickets Active Member

I carry mine in pocket, often with keys and have dropped it from car seat to pavements three times. Screen is protected, of course, but bezel is nicked and the keyboard slide is a tiny bit looser than new. I think it's holding up well to the abuse of doing construction all day with me!

7. biggdogg

biggdogg Well-Known Member

Dropped mine in the car, somehow I managed to avoid hitting the screen but it put a nice dent in the gold speaker cover,didn't damage the speaker though.

8. Mr. Yuck

Mr. Yuck Active Member

No dings, scratches, dents or damage so far.

9. TipTech

TipTech Member

I keep my Droid naked. Proud to say I dont see any scratches on the phone or the screen. On the other hand I have a pocket/belt clip that covers the screen and it has its fair share of dings and such. Guess count it up to being lucky? Anyways I am very hard on phones and this one seems to hold up just as well or even better than the old blackberry curve I had. That thing was a beast.

10. mcadam

mcadam Well-Known Member

dropped mine once onto concrete. just a few small marks.

still carrying it naked. cases are too bulky and ugly.

11. wavess69

wavess69 New Member

droid still in sweet condition only scratch is from taking off body glove skin. keep phone naked. use an old blackberry case on my belt.:cool: got phone nov.12

12. DroidJnkie

DroidJnkie Well-Known Member

What are you doing with your Droid in bed with you? Someone has a little fembot!! :eek:

Mine is flawless! It's been in a hard case and screen protector since the minute it was programmed at the store. I occasionally remove it from the hard case to wipe off any excess particles that get in there between the case and the phone, and I can't have it uncased for too long before I start getting paranoid and snap it back in, nice and snug.

13. TheBeachBoy

TheBeachBoy Well-Known Member

I keep mine completely naked and there's only one small nick in the bezel at the top near the headphone jack. I have no idea how it got there, but it's hardly noticeable. I don't carry anything else in the pocket I carry my phone. At this point, I'm probably not going to worry about getting a case, but if the battery cover keeps popping off I might get that Innocase just to keep it on.

14. DDG

DDG Well-Known Member

Mine had a couple of Inadvertent contacts with the ground. A couple of minor marks on the side. Screen is protected by Invisible Shield. No marks there.

Not too concerned. The thing only needs to last for 19 months. We get new one after that (with contract extension).

15. Yong

Yong Member

Dropped mine once on the pavement getting out of the car. pretty bad fall. dents and scratches around the edges but the screen is fine. and another time it flung out of my hoodie pouch onto a wooden floor when i was doing a 360 jump. the phone is a tank, it can take some abuse.

16. Snowman

Snowman Well-Known Member

Haha!:p But I was getting out of bed and my Droid was on top of the covers, when I hopped out it went flying...

17. aleksander

aleksander Well-Known Member

18. esocid

esocid Well-Known Member

--^ Umm, way to be on topic. I was waiting for him (you?) to drop it off the table. Didn't happen.

I dropped mine like a week after I had it. Luckily my years of soccer have turned my feet into an extra set of hands and I was lucky to catch it before hitting the concrete. It still looks new, and it's rocking a screen protector.

19. aleksander

aleksander Well-Known Member

lol lol :D ok ...so to please certain people ^ How beat up is your Droid? ...

Not very beat up...in fact is almost new :p

20. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Man I beat my Droid like a red headed step child daily. Last night the screen fell off.

21. jnngill

jnngill Well-Known Member

Had it from Nov 6th and its still in perfect shape.

22. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member

Got mine Dec. 28th, put a screen protector on it and a case. One 2ft. fall with the case on it onto carpet, so mine is pristine :)

23. Demecles

Demecles Member

I was in a car accident about a week after I got it. It went out through the wind shield but survived with a small scratch on the screen and a fair amount of body damage. The battery cover is MIA though.

24. kraze0g

kraze0g Well-Known Member

my droid is in great condition , there are always ways to find lil things but i think thats more ocd than anything :p

25. SwinePunk

SwinePunk Member

Any pics of some beat up Droids?