How can I answer phone calls without the slider?

Last Updated:

1. darkcyber

darkcyber Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Droid and it has worked perfect answering calls, until now. I just installed LauncherPro and now when I receive incoming calls I can no longer slide and answer calls. No matter what I do, the screen will do nothing other than show incoming calls and the slider, but the slider will not slide.

Is there anyway to answer phone calls (other than auto answer) without using the slider?

Advertisement
  2. rmadler

rmadler Active Member

Install Tedd's Droid Tools. It let's you use the camera key to answer the phone and the power/lock key to ignore calls. It works everytime for me. Tedd's Droid Tools are available for free in the Market.

wolftickets likes this.
  3. brnr17

brnr17 Well-Known Member

or just uninstall the launcher and reinstall...there's obviously a problem there so fix it so it works like normal and you won't HAVE to find a different way to answer ...

4. darkcyber

Thanks, will get it a try.

5. brnr17

brnr17 Well-Known Member

or try a different launcher or home app if that doesnt work
    GDE
    Launcher+
    open home .. just to name a few

6. twistedlim

twistedlim Well-Known Member

My slider works with LauncherPro but not as well as before. Just a bit more sluggish. I tried the one on Teds tools but it was hit or miss for me. Sorry but I don't have any fix suggestions as I am a noob extrordinaire.

7. darkcyber

After having LaunchPro on my phone for several days now, I have to ask a stupid question. What is the advantage to using it or another type program? Other than adding a few shortcut keys on the bottom of the screen, I seem to be able to do everything in my regular home screen.

8. DLM

DLM Well-Known Member

yea I've asked this before with no luck, If the button could simply be replaced with a green answer button or something similar, sliding it to answer is very difficult, and one of the only things I don't like on this phone

9. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

cool app in idea and concept, but it is poorly designed so I just couldn't do it.

10. darkcyber

So far, I just can't seem to figure out the benefit to a replacement home screen app.

11. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

the ability to have huge amounts of control (personalization) over your GUI

12. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

For me, Launcher Pro has three advantages:

(1) the ever-present icons in the dock at the bottom of the home screen (which you mentioned). No matter what home screen I'm on, I can access my phone, my contacts, or my note taking app without having to flip a screen.

(2) More than 3 home screens. I'm using 5 now, but keep them all clean (only 5 or 6 icons) so that my wall paper shows through. My main "home" has CalWidget, battery percentage, etc. One that has "travel" things on it (Google Map, speed dial calls, flashlight, My Tracks, etc), one that has "internet" things on it (Newsroom, browser, messaging, etc.), one that has time killers (games, books, etc.) and one that has misc. apps I use all the time.

(3) The ability to have 5 rows of icons, and icons without labels (I know what all the icons stand for, why clutter the screen with labels?).

Granted, these are all cosmetic things, but for me it helps me keep my Droid less cluttered looking and more organized.

13. darkcyber

Thanks for the post. That helps me out. I do like the advantage of having the ever present icons across all of the home pages. I have not gotten to the point of adding additional home screens, need to do that, I am sure that will be helpful and will help me to unclutter the 3 I have now. Getting ready to switch to the Droid X next week, so I will have the default additional home screens.

14. bleedGreen

bleedGreen Well-Known Member

OK i have the perfect home screen it's TagHome via Dolphin Browser...AWESOME....it allows you to chose up2 9screens to say the least very useful and not slowy and free

15. cyberclaus

cyberclaus Well-Known Member

Mylock phone tools works great and is not laggy. It will replace one side of the slider with a green check mark to answer, and the other side with a red X to ignore. It totally conceals the slider unlike Ted's

Amrov and DLM like this.
  16. Amrov

Amrov Well-Known Member

Thanks - Mylock phone tools is a big improvement. The slider answer option was a serious pain and caused problems almost every time. I love answering by using the camera button.

17. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Another option may be Shaker or Shaker Lite where you shake the phone to answer a call.