how can I back up and save my contacts before I do a factory reset?General

1. nomunk

nomunk Well-Known Member

I need to do a factory reset on my phone but I dont want to lose any of my contacts or photos.

I want to know is everything stored on my memory card? and do I need to just remove my memory card before I do the factory reset?

btw how do I do a factory reset? any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Netcat

Netcat Well-Known Member

Your photos are stored on your memory card IF you select that from the camera's settings. Open your camera, open it's settings, scroll to the bottom and select Storage/memory card.

Doing a factory reset won't erase your memory card but most people remove it anyway before doing this.

To backup contacts to memory card: go to contacts/menu/Import-Export/ select Export to SD card.

To do a factory reset: home/menu/settings/privacy/ select Factory Data Reset.

To remove memory card: home/menu/settings/storage/ select Unmount SD card
    nomunk likes this.
  3. nomunk

nomunk Well-Known Member

this is so much appreciated you broke everything down in detail, I could not thank you enough, you have answered everything, god bless you.
  4. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

Save your contacts to google, that way you don't even have to think about transferring them again. Just sign in with your account on your new phone and they will automatically be there. You can even get them easily on an Iphone.
    nomunk likes this.