How can I backup my phone contacs to google contacs on my PC?Support

Last Updated:

1. Hand76

Hand76 Guest This Topic's Starter

I never used Google Contacs before but how can I take all my phone contacs and convert them over so they are also stored on my PC/Google account?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

you need to import them to the google phone book on the DInc. The way to do that is to open people and select menu>> import/export>> export to sd>> phone. Then just simply reverse the process: open people and select menu>> import/export>> import from sd>> google. once that is done all of your contacts will be on gmail.

3. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Warning in advance: When I did this, it ended up syncing all of my contacts from my google account to my phone. I had over 400 contacts on my phone and most of them were just e-mail contacts. I frequent craigslist so many of them were randomly generated CL e-mail aliases. I had to go into my gmail account and clean them out. This could well be because of an error on my part.

4. Hand76

Cool thank you for that. I will follow these steps later on today! Thanks again.

5. Hand76

I guess I can clean out as much as I can before I do it then.

6. b.kllewis

b.kllewis Member

Log into your my Verizon account. Go to your contacts. Click the list view option and select all. Then click the little gear like button and export contacts to outlook csv option. Save that to your desktop. Then log into your gmail account and import that file and all your contacts are linked to your gmail.

7. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Also in Gmail, you'll see two columns under contacts. One has a long list of people, the other has groups of people. Make sure you select the All Contacts group before you start editing. I know there's a way to just sync My Contacts to your phone, but I couldn't figure it out. It was too smart for me.

8. Hand76

So if you have to do all this manually what does syncing google contacs do?

Ya think it would do this for you.

Anyway I got it all done thanks guys.

9. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member

You know you can select to view only contacts with phone numbers, right?

I think this would solve your issue completely.