How can I charge Droid X second battery?Support

Last Updated:

1. bruceb100

bruceb100 New Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know of a way to charge a second battery for a DROID X outside the handset? Please note DROID X, not DROID INCREDIBLE or any other DROID. I've seen other threads here and elsewhere and there seems to be confusion and misleading information on this issue. The DROID X takes a BH5X battery. Verizon does not offer a solution. So far I cannot find an aftermarket solution. My prior Motorola had a desk cradle with a pocket for a spare battery. That would be ideal but at this point I'd be happy with a stand alone charger for the second battery. ANY IDEAS?

Advertisement
  2. Legato

Legato Well-Known Member

Only thing i can say is wait for seidio, www.seidioonline.com, to release a stand alone charger for it. They have for every other phone i am just assuming this will jut take another week or two. They have the chargers made, just need to make the little adaptor so that the Droid X battery fits it. I love their chargers, can charge tons of differnt types of batteries and only need a slim $10 adaptor to charge each type.

3. larry1014

larry1014 Active Member

Waiting for same thing. A pain to have to keep exchanging the batteries in the phone. Nice to have the spare to take with you.

4. bruceb100

bruceb100 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. Agreed; the advantage of having a charged spare battery, and being able to replace the battery as run time degrades will always disqualify the iPhone for me. Looks like I'll be using the handset for a charger for a while - can live with that.