• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How can I created a "cleaned up" ROM from stock?

mingkee

Jul 29, 2010
I have read this one
http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-behold-2/54424-creating-custom-roms-backups-odin.html
but here is my idea:
1. will use original 1.6 ROM from T-Mobile
2. will NOT root
3. will extract the ROM files instead of dumping
4. will remove some useless applications (especially cube) but I will add vanilla Android keyboard or Swype, I will also change the Samsung music player (very slow) with vanilla Android player
5. will add Trad Chinese, Simp Chinese, Japanese interface
6. will keep current samsung notification bar, but I will change the color from black to grey or blue in order to make Weather bug works

In short, I'll like to have a 1.6 version of BH-MAN-ODIN one, which is my favorite.

you will personally have to root your phone to remove the bloatware and probably add languages, as far as adding 3 languages your phone will be slowed down the notification bar color is in the framework-res.apk which has both stock and twiz images and then you have to change the clock color so the clock can easily be read which no one knows where it is.

You'd be better off taking microhaxos v1 and creating off of that, it would save tons of time, though id ask him for permission

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones