• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can I delete Email Contacts?

cameroony62

Lurker
Aug 23, 2014
How can I delete unwanted contacts in Email Contacts? When you go to compose a new email and select the contact tab, a contact list that appears is different to the normal phone contacts. I want to delete names from this Email Contact List as some have been used once and will never be used again. This list must save the contact when first used and I cannot find a way to delete them. Any advice would be helpful.

Hello!
Are you referring to when you compose an email for someone who is not in your contacts (let's name them X@gmail.com) so that when you go to compose another email, contact X@gmail.com shows up again?
If so, (I only know how to do this from the computer), go into your gmail contacts and choose "other contacts"...from there you can delete any/all of them. :)
Capture.PNG

Upvote 0
Hello!
Are you referring to when you compose an email for someone who is not in your contacts (let's name them X@gmail.com) so that when you go to compose another email, contact X@gmail.com shows up again?
If so, (I only know how to do this from the computer), go into your gmail contacts and choose "other contacts"...from there you can delete any/all of them. :)
View attachment 95151
Thanks Mikestony. Address box is blank when starting the email so previous contact doesn't appear there. Just refering to the contact names in the Email Contact list, which has some different names than phone contacts. Your suggestion might work though. I will try it.
Regards Wayne.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones