• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can i delete internet history on my desire?

Im hoping someone can help me please

I was chatting to someone yesterday and i told them that im trying to make some more room on my desire as my SD card is almost full and so is the phone and they said about deleting my internet history but im not sure on how to do it.

so can someone please give me some advice on how to do it please.

Many thanks.

In the browser:

menu>more>settings>clear history

You can also clear the cache as well if you want to

This clears the history initially accessible from your browser but I found (by accident) that some screenshots are saved on your SD card. Not sure how much space these use up but if you want to delete them you go into Astro> SD card> bookmark thumbs. Then just delete them one by one.

Upvote 0
You can also clear the cache as well if you want to

You can do this through Settings > Applications > Manage applications (this takes a while to load the screen up) then go down to the internet application and press Clear Cache (you'll be able to see how much has built up before you do this, as it's written underneath).

I do this quite regularly, as the cache can build up to quite a bit, and clearing it will free loads of internal memory :cool:

Upvote 0
Useful tip thanks StevenSeed, not seen that before, and as internal memory is like gold dust it's much appreciated :)

No problem. It would be nice if the cache was stored on the SD card, but I think it's probably another one of those things that's not possible because of the different ways the Andriod and SD card manage files and directory structures, or whatever. :cool:

Upvote 0
I use Dolphin which gives you the option of clearing your history and cache every time you exit. That will save you time going through the applications route.

Anyone else noticed that clearing cache by this method, dumps the cache on your sd card. Frees up memory, but my sd card is getting kinda full. I'm not totally sure if its by this method, but out of the different methods of clearing cache, one of them dumps it on the sd card. I found deleting one by one from the sd card thumbnails is handy but lengthy. My phone ain't rooted or anything just stock.

Upvote 0
This clears the history initially accessible from your browser but I found (by accident) that some screenshots are saved on your SD card. Not sure how much space these use up but if you want to delete them you go into Astro> SD card> bookmark thumbs. Then just delete them one by one.

If you don't want to delete them one by one, you can select all and delete them all at once.

Thumbnails and screenshots are also stored from Newsfeeds in HTC News as well. You can dispose of them in the same way. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones