How can i delete internet history on my desire?Support

Last Updated:

1. lovedesire2010

lovedesire2010 Member This Topic's Starter

Im hoping someone can help me please

I was chatting to someone yesterday and i told them that im trying to make some more room on my desire as my SD card is almost full and so is the phone and they said about deleting my internet history but im not sure on how to do it.

so can someone please give me some advice on how to do it please.

Many thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Si Pie

Si Pie Well-Known Member

In the browser:

menu>more>settings>clear history

You can also clear the cache as well if you want to

3. incsmiro

incsmiro Well-Known Member

This clears the history initially accessible from your browser but I found (by accident) that some screenshots are saved on your SD card. Not sure how much space these use up but if you want to delete them you go into Astro> SD card> bookmark thumbs. Then just delete them one by one.

4. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Well-Known Member

You can do this through Settings > Applications > Manage applications (this takes a while to load the screen up) then go down to the internet application and press Clear Cache (you'll be able to see how much has built up before you do this, as it's written underneath).

I do this quite regularly, as the cache can build up to quite a bit, and clearing it will free loads of internal memory :cool:

bonespost and Desire D like this.
  5. Desire D

Desire D Well-Known Member

Useful tip thanks StevenSeed, not seen that before, and as internal memory is like gold dust it's much appreciated :)

6. BraveHelmet

BraveHelmet New Member

I use Dolphin which gives you the option of clearing your history and cache every time you exit. That will save you time going through the applications route.

7. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

On the other hand though, the cache is there so you don't have to download every bit of a website each time you visit it; so by deleting it you end up taking longer to load your commonly visited sites (unless you're always in a wifi area)

8. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Well-Known Member

No problem. It would be nice if the cache was stored on the SD card, but I think it's probably another one of those things that's not possible because of the different ways the Andriod and SD card manage files and directory structures, or whatever. :cool:

9. BraveHelmet

BraveHelmet New Member

You can choose whether to clear history or cache or both :cool:

10. dunbad

dunbad Well-Known Member

Anyone else noticed that clearing cache by this method, dumps the cache on your sd card. Frees up memory, but my sd card is getting kinda full. I'm not totally sure if its by this method, but out of the different methods of clearing cache, one of them dumps it on the sd card. I found deleting one by one from the sd card thumbnails is handy but lengthy. My phone ain't rooted or anything just stock.

11. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

I'm surprised there isn't an option to specify how much history you want to keep or to turn it off altogether like you can with desktop browsers.

12. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

If you don't want to delete them one by one, you can select all and delete them all at once.

Thumbnails and screenshots are also stored from Newsfeeds in HTC News as well. You can dispose of them in the same way. :)

13. 12.5EVO3

12.5EVO3 Member

Those thumbnails still there even after you clear cache etc. Check when connected to ur computer. It will still be there.

14. the_ahmadzais

the_ahmadzais Well-Known Member

cheaters lol

15. 12.5EVO3

12.5EVO3 Member

I have cleared all the usual internet history stuff manually and Task killed. When I go back to the internat it still goes back to the last page I viewed (not my home page) and when I press back page I can view all my recently visited pages. Surely that's not right??