• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I edit Microsoft Excel files on my Andriod device that are stored in Dropbox?

I have a Microsoft Excel file in dropbox (it has to be in dropbox as its shared with two other guys at work) that I need to edit on my Andriod device.

On my iPhone I have Documents to Go Premium which allows me to connect to dropbox and edit the file. However I just bought and installed the Andriod version of this software ($14.99) and it does not have that same feature to connect to dropbox. It only connects to Google Drive.

Is there some other Microsoft Excel editor I can get that will let me connect to Dropbox so that I can edit my file?

Actually you can use ANY Office app, even your Documents to Go app that you have now. Just go to the DropBox app in your phone, navigate to the file you want to edit, then open it from there. It will open in your default Office app, and just edit from there. As soon as you hit save on the Office app, it will be saved to Dropbox where your friends can see the edits you made.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Actually you can use ANY Office app, even your Documents to Go app that you have now. Just go to the DropBox app in your phone, navigate to the file you want to edit, then open it from there. It will open in your default Office app, and just edit from there. As soon as you hit save on the Office app, it will be saved to Dropbox where your friends can see the edits you made.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot tonight on the Nexus 7 when I get home. Forgot to bring it to the office with me this morning.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones