• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I get a good keyboard?

I used to use the keyboard app for the HTC but after flashing Kangerade my eoeappinstaller force closes so I can't install the HTC keyboard mod and I hate the droid version. Anyone know how I can get the HTC keyboard app?

Register at this site and build your own custom HTC IME keyboard! With the latest Froyo releases, V27 Froyo seems to work great. I've made a bunch of them.

http://www.gimpsta.com/themer/index.php

VJmAil.jpg
JNHRWl.jpg

qxs3gl.jpg
TX5hSl.jpg

This is my NexTheme keyboard that I'm currently running ;)
3dJJOl.jpg

Upvote 0
duuuuuh, they are probably non flashable, perhaps an app like andro or astro will definitely get the job done...............sorry, brainfart......thank yall anyways !

Haha...no worries. Once you download it is in a zip file and inside that, you will find the .apk file that yes, you can install using Astro or similar program.
After installing it, it always force closes and doesn't show up

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
After installing it, it always force closes and doesn't show up

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Try using a different version. When you choose "Create a custom keyboard skin from scratch" you then have to select a version. For Froyo ROMs...sometimes V27 Froyo works and sometimes I have had to use V26 Froyo to fix the same problems you mentioned.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones