• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How Can I Get Apps Without the Market?

Airmaxx23

Android Expert
Jun 21, 2010
I have my Droid and I'm currently unable to download any apps from the Market. I've spoken to Verizon (CSR and Tech) and was told that I probably won't be able to until the 15th. Is there any way that I can download the apps to my computer and then install the .apk files?

I have my Droid and I'm currently unable to download any apps from the Market. I've spoken to Verizon (CSR and Tech) and was told that I probably won't be able to until the 15th. Is there any way that I can download the apps to my computer and then install the .apk files?

Yeah, that's weird though, is your x already activated? I wonder if the apk market enabler would help. Oh and also WWW.androidplayground.com has paid apps.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that's weird though, is your x already activated? I wonder if the apk market enabler would help. Oh and also WWW.androidplayground.com has paid apps.

Yeah it's activated as of yesterday around 11:30AM. According to Verizon it's because the is not actually available yet but you know how things got with them sometimes. What is the apk enabler?

Upvote 0
Can you download estrongs file explorer from the market? If so install that or Astro. Then enable non market apps in the settings. Then take all your apk files and load them from a PC to the SD card. Install the SD card in the phone and use estrongs to install them.

Otherwise the only way would be to install them with adb over usb.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones