How Can I Get Apps Without the Market?Support

Last Updated:

1. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have my Droid and I'm currently unable to download any apps from the Market. I've spoken to Verizon (CSR and Tech) and was told that I probably won't be able to until the 15th. Is there any way that I can download the apps to my computer and then install the .apk files?

Advertisement
  2. Buckeyes

Buckeyes Member

App Brain from your computer possibly

3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Yeah, that's weird though, is your x already activated? I wonder if the apk market enabler would help. Oh and also WWW.androidplayground.com has paid apps.

4. Airmaxx23

Yeah it's activated as of yesterday around 11:30AM. According to Verizon it's because the is not actually available yet but you know how things got with them sometimes. What is the apk enabler?

5. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

Can you download estrongs file explorer from the market? If so install that or Astro. Then enable non market apps in the settings. Then take all your apk files and load them from a PC to the SD card. Install the SD card in the phone and use estrongs to install them.

Otherwise the only way would be to install them with adb over usb.

6. Airmaxx23

I finally got it working yesterday. I called Verizon again last yesterday afternoon and the woman I spoke to had just finished training for troubleshooting the Droid X. I just had to do a hard reset by pressing "home" and "power" with the phone off.